Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DB2 Web Query

Hello All,
    We're getting ready to upgrade from V5R3 to V6R1 soon and I'm curious about Web Query and I haven't found a whole lot of information out there. Does anyone out there use it much? What's your opnions of it? I haven't been able to track down a cost yet, (still waiting on phone calls to be returned). Do you have to buy the program AND user license? And would you have to have a user license for anyone who would run it? Or do you just need if for the one who creates it? I see there are add ins: Broker and Spreadsheet do you have to pay extra? And how do they hold up? We are using the excel add in button currently but is this going away since they have the spreadsheet addin for this? Sorry about all the question but any info would be great and I've come to learn this is the best place to go for any 400 problems. Thanks,
    Stand up for what you beleive in ...... even if you are standing alone

Re: DB2 Web Query

If you currently own Query/400, you are entitled to 2 user licenses for DB2 Web Query. If you use queries a lot at your site, for multiple different sets of users, 2 licenses will not be enough for you. Additional licenses are chargeable.

As for generating spreadsheets from queries, that feature is built in to the product. No additional features are required. The Broker is extra.

HTH
    "Time passes, but sometimes it beats the <crap> out of you as it goes."

Comment

Thank you so much, that's actually good news to hear that we are entitled to at least 2. Once again you guys came though.

Comment

I wanted to post this for anyone else who may come across these issues in dealing with Web Query and Query 400 upgrade to V6R1. I recieved some wonderful information from so many others and I'd like to share.
        When upgrading to V6R1 you are given a disk for Web Query, if your shop already uses Query 400 that is included in the Web Query disc and you have unlimited user licenses for Query 400.
        However, for Web Query the number of user licenses can be different I've heard from those who get 2 and we get 6. These have to be registered and if you want more you can either pay per individual license or you can purchase this for runtime and yes it is VERY expensive. If you get Web Query you will have to pay a seperate maintenance fee over and above your usual software contract with IBM.

Web Query does have some nice packets you can purchase seperately: Spreadsheet and Active Report. These are a one time fee that's not too bad in price not great either.

I hope this helps anyone else out there who is looking for such info.
        Thanks,

Comment

Working...
        X