PDF Subsystem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PDF Subsystem

I'm trying to convert my AFPDS reports (Invoices) to PDF and email them. IBM has included the PDF subsystem which I'm trying to use. I seam to have the PSF object configured as well as the print device (*PSFCFG).

But when I start the writter I get the following message:
    PQT1053 Escape 50 10/08/07 14:12:09.900416 QPQMPSF QSYS 0BB6 QSPWTRM1 QSYS 047E
    Message . . . . : IPDS to PDF transform job not run
    Cause . . . . . : An error caused PSF/400 to be unable to start the IPDS to PDF transform on device JKPSFPRNT. The reason code for the error is 2. Reason codes have the following meanings. 1 - No PDF exit program is registered for exit point name QIBM_QPQ_TRANSFORM and exit point format name XPDF0100 with program data of "IPDS PDF". 2 - None of the programs registered for exit point name QIBM_QPQ_TRANSFORM and exit point format name XPDF0100 with program data of "IPDS PDF" are available to PSF/400.

I have reviewed the IBM exit programs and both exit points are set correctly (Per documentation).

Before I can proceed I have to get the OUTQ started. Has anyone hit this before or knows how this works?

Thank you in advance

John

Re: PDF Subsystem

Hi John:

I beleive you need PSF installed on your system in order to use the pdf conversion. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.
    5722SS1 36 PSF 1-45 IPM Printer Support
    5722SS1 37 PSF 1-100 IPM Printer Support
    5722SS1 38 PSF Any Speed Printer Support
    A work around may be found here:

Best of Luck
    GLS
    The problem with quotes on the internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity.....Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Working...
    X