Where's the report?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where's the report?

I ran an application update that generated some reports. I can't find these reports under the user spool file or the system printer. Typically, I can do WRKSPLF+F4, search all users and select the report name in the User Data field and find the reports. Are there any other methods to finding a report?

You can browse thru a list of output queues using: WRKOUTQ *ALL

Comment

Another option would be to find the job concerned and look at its spooled files. Depending on what details you know, WRKJOB or WRKUSRJOB or WRKSBMJOB could be used.

Comment

There are also DB2/IBM i SQL Services to search through the outqueues:
        1. OUTPUT_QUEUE_INFO View - Overview over all OutQueues

2. OUTPUT_QUEUE_ENTRIES View - Information about all Entries in any Output Queue
        The OUTPUT_QUEUE_ENTRIES view returns one row for each spooled file in every output queue. This view uses the QSYS2.OUTPUT_QUEUE_ENTRIES table function with DETAILED_INFO => 'YES'.

So the report can be found with a simple SQL-Statement

Birgitta
        Last edited by B.Hauser; August 9, 2017, 11:26 PM.

Comment

And yet another option, if you're on a fairly recent release, is to use the time range option of WRKSPLF:

Work with Spooled Files (WRKSPLF)

Type choices, press Enter.

Time period:
          Start time and date:
          Beginning time . . . . . . . . *AVAIL Time, *AVAIL
          Beginning date . . . . . . . . *BEGIN Date, *BEGIN, *CURRENT
          End time and date:
          Ending time . . . . . . . . . *AVAIL Time, *AVAIL
          Ending date . . . . . . . . . *END Date, *END

This would allow you to see only spool files created around the time the job ran.

Cheers,

Emmanuel

Comment

Best should be to audit spooled files and print activity. That's because the spooled file might no longer exist and the job might also no longer exist. Either the system audit journal or the job accounting journal or both could tell you pretty much exactly what the sequence was for events in the life of the report.
            Tom

There are only two hard things in Computer Science: cache invalidation, naming things and off-by-one errors.

Why is it that all of the instruments seeking intelligent life in the universe are pointed away from Earth?

Comment

Working...
            X