Sending ZPL String to printer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sending ZPL String to printer

We send large ZPL strings directly to network printers hooked up via outq. Currently it is being done using output specs and dividing the zpl into 132 character chunks. Seems there should be a much better way.

Re: Sending ZPL String to printer

Hi JJ:

you may be able to adapt from this:
    Any questions relating more to a PC type environment. This could be PC, Servers (both LINUX and WINDOWS)

Best of luck
    GLS

< e d i t >
    we changed the detail line to include this:
    Code:
     PRINTME = %TRIMR(PRTLIN) + '^FS' ;
    O                       PRINTME            106       
    O********************** PRTLIN             106       
    O**********************                    109 '^FS'
    < / e d i t >
    Last edited by GLS400; April 13, 2015, 10:25 AM.
    The problem with quotes on the internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity.....Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Re: Sending ZPL String to printer

We are kind of doing something similar, we get in a 5000 character zpl string then it gets read through and divided up into 132 character lines and then sent to the printer. Just thought there would be an easier way. Most of the programs are doing it with data structures which is even worse but I am going to do it with a loop if I can't find a way to just send the whole thing.

Comment

Hi, I use a 3rd party API to generate some ZPL for a shipping label. I cannot print the ZPL - I have tried replacing the "^" with "¬", "@" etc but still nothing. The ZPL is stored on a table in multiple records and read 100 bytes at a time to create a spool. The completed spool is then sent to the Zebra printer. Any ideas would be welcome

Comment

Working...
        X