Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Specific job reports

Hello,

For few critical jobs (identified and listed on a JOB list PF) , we need to generate daily report of job execution in PF format (to enable sending in CSV format).
    Few mandatory details required to capture on the report are : JOB ID (NAME/USER/Number) ; START Timestamp; END Timestamp; END CODE; other useful information if available.

As of now we've 2 options under study:
    1) DSPLOG to a spool at end of day and process spool via a program to capture only the job listed on job list PF
    2) use QUSLIJOB API for jobs on list to get attributes

The job number is not known before this process, so it must be identified at run time. Duplicated (possibly failed jobs are also to be in scope).

Thanks to please share your thoughts on the subject.

Regards,

Re: Specific job reports

I would suggest writing something that works with the QIBM_QWT_JOBNOTIFY exit point. Every time a job starts/ends an entry can be placed on a data queue. You can have a "never-ending" job that sits and waits on that data queue, and gets the job information for the newly started/ended job and writes the details to a PF that you can query later to make your report.

Comment

Re: Specific job reports

Many thanks Scott.
      Do you see performance affect of using the EXIT POINT program method ?
      Since I recon it might be invoked for each job on system, I'm a bit concerned with using it.
      We're doing a close & strict monitoring on the performance and also ASP these days

off topic:
      On several occasions your work and work of many such people also here on code400 has been really helpful.
      Appreciate the time and effort spent for making things easier for newbies like me.
      regards

Comment

Working...
      X