Email to IFS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Email to IFS

I have inherited the dubious task of figuring out how something works. The guy who did the coding is long gone. Basically, the guys in the field receive an email listing pricing for parts. They can send a reply to this email with the word approved. The "reply to" address is an email address set up on the AS400 in the SMTP. Somehow, the email hits the AS400 and is "magically" placed in a folder in the IFS.

Now, the question is, would that be something related to how SMTP is configured on the AS400 or am I looking at a HLL program running out there that I have yet to find?

Re: Email to IFS

Bah! Meant to put this in ANYTHING GOES. Sorry about that.

Comment

Originally posted by soup_dog
      Somehow, the email hits the AS400 and is "magically" placed in a folder in the IFS.
      What is "the email"? Does that refer to something sent to the "reply to" address? Is it when they "receive an email listing pricing"? At what point in the whole process does your question fit? And is the "folder" an actual /QDLS 'folder'? Or is that only a generic reference to some directory?

Does this all relate to accessing e-mail via a green-screen function? An e-mail client? (If so, which one?) Something else?

A little more detail could help.

For most e-mail activity on your AS400, items sent and received will be out of or in to directories and streamfiles. (And just for pure technical detail, all objects are in the "IFS", even DB2 database files and programs. That detail can often be ignored.)
      Tom

There are only two hard things in Computer Science: cache invalidation, naming things and off-by-one errors.

Why is it that all of the instruments seeking intelligent life in the universe are pointed away from Earth?

Comment

is there lotus or another email server running on the box OR does exchange take this and then some code saves the stuff to the 400.
        Hunting down the future ms. Ex DeadManWalks. *certain restrictions apply

Comment

Working...
        X