Print to HP4350 multi-tray printer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Print to HP4350 multi-tray printer

I am looking for a way to direct print to a specific drawer on an HP4350 printer. I can't do it at the PRTF level, becuase the selection is content driven. The content determines which outq / print device the report goes to. But I can't find how to force a device to use drawer 2. Is this possible ? Would a WSCST object help ? A better way to do this ?

Re: Print to HP4350 multi-tray printer

perhaps build an OVRPRTF DRAWER(2) (or whatever) then call QCMDEXC prior to opening the print file?
    I'm not anti-social, I just don't like people -Tommy Holden

Comment

Thanks, but ... I don't know the requirment until I produce the data (it uses RJS Splitter to divide up the spool file). It might send any page to any of 10 printers, each with 2 drawers. I think the best way would be for a specific outq/device to be able to "force" the selected drawer (like you would on a Windows print server)

Comment

well...i guess i'm outta this one. i've never had the chance to work with spooled file splitter software so i can't really be of much assistance. may be just my ignorance of the subject but if i were to write a "splitter" i would have some type of mechanism in place to accommodate this functionality. things have changed too much in the past few years to assume that all printers are created and treated equally...
        I'm not anti-social, I just don't like people -Tommy Holden

Comment

could you create 2 remote outqueues to the same printer each one to a different drawer?
          All my answers were extracted from the "Big Dummy's Guide to the As400"
          and I take no responsibility for any of them.

www.code400.com

Comment

Yes. That is what I am trying to do. Trouble is , they both feed from drawer 1. I can't figure how to make one print from drawer 2.

Comment

Bad idea (sorry cant control the drawer from outd desc...)

You can define a specific form type to use a specific drawer on the printer itself...
              Then change the formtype with override printer file to change form type...
              This might be a better solution...
              All my answers were extracted from the "Big Dummy's Guide to the As400"
              and I take no responsibility for any of them.

www.code400.com

Comment

Working...
              X