ALDON Change management system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ALDON Change management system

Is there anyone in the forum, whose has some materials on ALDON CMS?

Thanks,
    Reethi

Re: ALDON Change management system

If you have paid for the software, go to their website. Tons of stuff.
    Hunting down the future ms. Ex DeadManWalks. *certain restrictions apply

Comment

Originally posted by DeadManWalks View Post
      If you have paid for the software, go to their website. Tons of stuff.
      and amazingly enough usually the people who writes and sells the software usually know more about that software as well...go figure!

seems like i've said this before...like in the last week or so...maybe people think their vendors don't know about their own software? things that make you go hmmmm....
      I'm not anti-social, I just don't like people -Tommy Holden

Comment

Originally posted by tomholden View Post
        and amazingly enough usually the people who writes and sells the software usually know more about that software as well...go figure!

seems like i've said this before...like in the last week or so...maybe people think their vendors don't know about their own software? things that make you go hmmmm....
        You would think so. Aldon's website contains lots and lots of information but it takes hours and hours to go through it all to find that the answer you need is not there.

Strange enough, it seems to me that software vendors don't use their own products; otherwise they would realize that their programmers write for themselves and not for users.

We use Aldon and we have problems with it all of the time. The time we spend on overhead and on the phone with ALDON is unreal. Yes, there may be a bit more control over software now (not that much), but I believe we were more productive before we had the product. We've actually written some outside software to get Aldon to work better than it did out of the box.

Everybody has an opinion and this happens to be mine.

Comment

Originally posted by rpgKnight View Post
          You would think so. Aldon's website contains lots and lots of information but it takes hours and hours to go through it all to find that the answer you need is not there.

Strange enough, it seems to me that software vendors don't use their own products; otherwise they would realize that their programmers write for themselves and not for users.

We use Aldon and we have problems with it all of the time. The time we spend on overhead and on the phone with ALDON is unreal. Yes, there may be a bit more control over software now (not that much), but I believe we were more productive before we had the product. We've actually written some outside software to get Aldon to work better than it did out of the box.

Everybody has an opinion and this happens to be mine.
          ALDON works fine...as long as it's set up properly and that's the problem trying to get the crap set up in a fashion that works as desired is a friggin' bear

Comment

ALDON works fine...as long as it's set up properly and that's the problem trying to get the crap set up in a fashion that works as desired is a friggin' bear
            Yeah, when it works it is fine. It is getting it to work that is the issue. We've got issues with it on a weekly base. I think their help desk has my name on a list by now as a trouble maker. They've given me "a talk" on some of my calls. I will admit that we have somewhat of a complex software setups that probably makes Aldon to work a bit of an effort. Truthfully, when I need to create a new release on Aldon, I shudder.

It is probably simplistic to think of how I would like Aldon to work; source code here, copied to there, compiled...DONE!

Comment

i prefer Softlanding's Turnover it's far more user-friendly, etc than Aldon...but it is what it is

Comment

i prefer Softlanding's Turnover it's far more user-friendly, etc than Aldon...but it is what it is
                Plus, you used to get a box of those tasty turnovers sent to you when you ordered their product. My wife would still like to know where those turnovers came from.
                Michael Catalani
                IS Director, eCommerce & Web Development
                Acceptance Insurance Corporation
                www.AcceptanceInsurance.com
                www.ProvatoSys.com

Comment

Working...
                X