Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emulator

Hello again,
    My shop recently upgraded all our old PC's to W10 and along with that installed a new Java based version of Client Access, Emulator or whatever it's called this week.

I use several Macros to perform some repetitive tasks while coding like commenting out code lines and such. The tech doing the work was able to convert my previous Macros to newer versions that the new software could use but the color aspects didn't get carried along through the conversion.

(Before I go any further, this is a family owned shop slightly behind the times... )

IE: When commenting out a line of code in RPGLE or RPG (sacrilege i know) I would record these keystrokes; insert an asterisk, insert a space and then insert a color, usually red. This would shift the code several positions to the right and turn the line red. This made it super easy to see what was active code and what was not.

When creating the macro, I used the record feature within Client Access and when it came time to add the color, simply used the keyboard key combination for the color I wanted. (I had setup my keyboard with several colors and several attributes for each color like underline, reverse, blink, etc.) If the macro needed tweaking, I would just open the file in notepad, edit and save. Everything was easy to read and understand.

Now, with this new Java version, can't add the color key combinations during the recording process and opening the file created is, I would think, Java which I don't have a clue about.

My keyboard still has the mappings for the colors and if I search for a specific key combination using the new keyboard mapping feature, it's found and the color is defined as hex along with other code that I assume is Java.

Anyone know how to resolve this?

Red.
    Everyday's a school day, what grade are you in?

To clarify, you're asking about emulator macros to insert hex codes in SEU, correct?

Comment

jtaylor,
      Yes but in the new Java based emulator (unless emulator is the go-by name then, forgive my ignorance)

Red
      Everyday's a school day, what grade are you in?

Comment

• jtaylor___
        jtaylor___ commented
        Editing a comment
        I just used "emulator" because that's the name of this thread.

Access Client Solutions is the name of the week....

Comment

Working...
      X