X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPG Array

Hi,
    I got something really peculiar happening:
    I use a compile time array to define my error messages for use on screens. When I edit a line within this array or add or remove a line, the cursor jumps to position 6 of a line (not necessarily the line I'm on - which is really strange) highlights the line and I get a message "Form-type entry for main procedure not valid or out of sequence"

Now remember, this is a CT array with the two asterisks in positions 1 & 2.
    Number of entries is correct.
    If I prompt the line as my manager said to try, the line is displayed as an "I" spec, sometimes but not always, sometimes its displayed as a comment line - very strange.
    I have NOT copied "I" spec or any other line type into this array. When I need a line, I insert one.

Anyone else ever seen behavior like this?
    Mike.
    Everyday's a school day, what grade are you in?

What version of RDi?

Comment

Personal Comm iSeries Access for Windows 6.0
      20160919 S

Comment

I assume that means you're using SEU. I haven't used SEU regularly in forever. I can tell you that it was frozen for v6r1, so nothing new is supported.

Comment

Originally posted by jtaylor___ View Post
          I assume that means you're using SEU. I haven't used SEU regularly in forever. I can tell you that it was frozen for v6r1, so nothing new is supported.
          Sorry to disappoint you...lol
          Can't tell city hall what to do.

Mike.

Comment

Press F23 and change to ** - should solve your problem.

Comment

Another way to specify the type of input is when you prompt the line - entering P** in the line # column will prompt it correctly in this case.

Comment

Working...
              X