Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Encryption Question

Hi,

I have a quick question. If we encrypt a Primary Key field, shall all the SETLL, CHAIN, READ and SELECT/WHERE works fine without any issues ?

Any ideas and thoughts ?

Re: Encryption Question

You would have to also do the same for the key fields. so no. We did this to CCs and had to do this.
    Hunting down the future ms. Ex DeadManWalks. *certain restrictions apply

Comment

Sorry, I was not able to get you. can you please elaborate if you don't mind.

Comment

Your initial statement is wrong. The SetLL, ReadE and Chain will not work if the key fields in that table are changed but the key fields in the program are not. Encryption changes the actual value in the fields so if you were to do a simple select * from table, you would see gibberish. This is true if you do file level or field level.

Comment

We are planning to use FIELDPROC which does takes care of Encryption/Decryption based on the operations we perform on the table. We have a third-party software which takes care of Encryption/Decryption. However, what we wanted to understand is if we are planning to tokenise a key fields do we potentially see any challenges.

For non-key fields currently we are seeing no much issues.

Comment

id love someone else to chime in.

I say yes you will have isses.

Lets say a key field of CAR = 'FORD' is use to chain to a table but all 'FORD' in the table have been changed to some garbage. No hit will happen, unless the variable car in the program is encrypted too

Comment

Working...
            X