Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help!

Ok....here goes.....had a bit of a problem with WDSC, it crashed and i recovered with remote host. But when when it crashed i was compiling....long story short, the remote host version was empty. I lost my program! 2000 lines! luckily WDSC writes an expanded source splf so I've copied the splf into a PF. here's my question....how do I edit the contents of the PF? Are there any special tools to do this??
    Your future President
    Bryce

---------------------------------------------
    http://www.bravobryce.com

Re: Help!

wrkdbf can be downloaded from this site

I would think youd edit from the PC side then send back to iseries.

can you restore from yesterdays backups??

also check command : upddta &filename

can you send me the text file and if its close I can fix her up.

jamie
    All my answers were extracted from the "Big Dummy's Guide to the As400"
    and I take no responsibility for any of them.

www.code400.com

Comment

Originally posted by bryce4president View Post
      luckily WDSC writes an expanded source splf so I've copied the splf into a PF. here's my question....how do I edit the contents of the PF? Are there any special tools to do this??
      I wrote a utility to retrieve Cobol or RPG source from a post list (spool file) that may work for you. Its called "Extract Source Code from a Cobol Compiler Listing" and is located here:

Terry

Comment

You should not have lost anything simply because you were compiling. Did you "Save" the source before compiling. I can see where WDSC might not see it, but the source should still be on the iSeries. Heck, it evens "saves" to a temp file (like Word or Excel) every few minutes.

One thing I did learn with V6 is always "Save" before trying to verify, compile, etc. Although it didn't happen often, crashing WDSc did happen a few times where I lost at least some of the source. V7 has not crashed on me yet.

Comment

We got the PF converted into the source file. Thanks to Terry. We didn't use your program but we saw what you were doing in your code and we were only 1 step away.

I went and hit compile, it prompted me to save. So I told it to save and then something happened. I don't have the slightest clue, but whatever it was it erased my source file and WDSC wouldn't respond. So (maybe this wasn't a good idea) I went into task manager and killed it. Then when I recovered from remote host, instead of recovering from WDSC (I assumed the remote host file was ok) I had NOTHING! But all will be well, I just have to delete about 4000 lines of a 6000 line source file now. Time to clean...
          Your future President
          Bryce

---------------------------------------------
          http://www.bravobryce.com

Comment

now terry .......I cant believe you didnt post that here

also it may be late but it look as though the source
            (if in a project - not sure if not i only use projects)
            it archives your programs on your local pc.

In my case here
            C:\Documents and Settings\flanary\IBM\rationalsdp7.0\workspace\retu rn to vendor\SOURCE

jamie
            All my answers were extracted from the "Big Dummy's Guide to the As400"
            and I take no responsibility for any of them.

www.code400.com

Comment

Originally posted by jamief View Post
              now terry .......I cant believe you didnt post that here
              That was written before your "time" ... lol

Terry

Comment

Working...
              X