How to bypass first sign on screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to bypass first sign on screen

Is there a way to bypass the first screen (screen shot attached) where you have to enter the Password and go directly to the signon screen (see second screen shot)?

I tried to do something with
    Communication > Disconnect > Configure > Properties >
    but didn't know how to proceed from there.

The users are finding it a bit cumbersome to be required:
    1) To enter their userid/pwd on the screen to sign on iSeries Access for Windows
    2) Enter userid/pwd a second time to actually sign on the iSeries itself
    Attached Files
    http://www.linkedin.com/in/chippermiller

Re: How to bypass first sign on screen

On the configure 5250 screen ( from the communication menu ) you should have an option auto-byass signon and Auto-reconnect. Check those two boxes. They will have to login the first time after doing that, but they wont after that. They will simply get the system signon screen.

Also, in order to do this, the system value QRMTSIGN has to be set to *VERIFY, or you wont be able to bypass first signon screen.
    Last edited by MichaelCatalani; June 2, 2011, 09:14 AM.
    Michael Catalani
    IS Director, eCommerce & Web Development
    Acceptance Insurance Corporation
    www.AcceptanceInsurance.com
    www.ProvatoSys.com

Comment

Open up Navigator, right click on the connection and select Properties then click on the Connection tab, and set the Signon information accordingly. if their network ID & password is the same it's easy cheesy. as far as the "total" bypass (changing QRMTSIGN to *VERIFY) that's a big security hole that most companies plug up. if the user walks away without locking their PC all anyone needs to do is open a CA session and they are logged in as the user who "owns" the PC...
      I'm not anti-social, I just don't like people -Tommy Holden

Comment

Ooops, yea, setting QRMTSIGN to *verify will allow you to bypass both signon screens.
        Michael Catalani
        IS Director, eCommerce & Web Development
        Acceptance Insurance Corporation
        www.AcceptanceInsurance.com
        www.ProvatoSys.com

Comment

Thanks guys I've been trying to remember how to do this for a while now. Also, if you use multiple screens you may need to check the avoid duplicate names with other work stations. I have a bit of a "path" I need to select for different sign ins that gets tedious so for the second sign on screen I created a macro in the 5250 screen to automatically sign me in.
          Stand up for what you beleive in ...... even if you are standing alone

Comment

Originally posted by emily View Post
            Thanks guys I've been trying to remember how to do this for a while now. Also, if you use multiple screens you may need to check the avoid duplicate names with other work stations. I have a bit of a "path" I need to select for different sign ins that gets tedious so for the second sign on screen I created a macro in the 5250 screen to automatically sign me in.
            which also defeats the purpose of QRMTSIGN. anyone with access to your PC can log in as you and wreak havoc. big security no-no. if your company is under SOX compliance you've just failed big time...
            I'm not anti-social, I just don't like people -Tommy Holden

Comment

Oh crap! Thanks Tom i didn't think about that. Since I need the "path" more for options to get me to different programs I think I'll just rewrite them so they no longer havethe sign on information itself so I can sign in and let it roll. I knew there was a reason I always check here first...
              Stand up for what you beleive in ...... even if you are standing alone

Comment

Working...
              X