Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AS400 keyboard mapping

Hi

I have my keyboard customized with Ctrl+C etc to do copy, paste, I also have my mouse costumized to copy with left click, the problem is that sometimes those functions work, sometimes they don't.
    Is there any way to solve this issue I really can't work without those functions. BTW I'm using AS400 iSeries (according with the screen shown by Windows)

Thanks in advance for your help.

Re: AS400 keyboard mapping

What do you mean by not working? If you attempt to paste onto a 5250 screen thats input inhibited, or you attempt to paste charaters into a numeric field, a field thats to small to receive the result of the paste, or you are not on an input field, then the paste wont work. (And it shouldnt in those cases.)
    Michael Catalani
    IS Director, eCommerce & Web Development
    Acceptance Insurance Corporation
    www.AcceptanceInsurance.com
    www.ProvatoSys.com

Comment

If you have different sessions saved for PCOM etc you may have to make sure that all of them use the same keyboard map.
      Greg Craill: "Life's hard - Get a helmet !!"

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelCatalani View Post
        What do you mean by not working? If you attempt to paste onto a 5250 screen thats input inhibited, or you attempt to paste charaters into a numeric field, a field thats to small to receive the result of the paste, or you are not on an input field, then the paste wont work. (And it shouldnt in those cases.)
        Hey thanks for your help, and sorry I didnt explain very well...
        So, when I try to copy something from the AS400 screen, the square disappears, which is OK, but when I paste that info, that info is not the one I copied, so I it's like I would have copied nothing. Any idea?

Comment

What is the emulator that you are using? Some (Rumba for example) have copy/cut settings that allow you to copy as text or bitmap.

Comment

Originally posted by RBOrrell View Post
            What is the emulator that you are using? Some (Rumba for example) have copy/cut settings that allow you to copy as text or bitmap.
            Thanks, Im not sure if this is the emulator, but it says iseries for windows.
            About the other question, I have not changed any option, but it had always copied as plain text

Comment

You can check by using the Help and About menu options to see what emulation software you are using, but if you are using iSeries Access for Windows, the settings you are referring to are defined in the keyboard map. This is a file kept by default in C:\Program Files\IBM\Client Access\Emulator\private\ and the file is called AS400.KMP

You can customise this keyboard map to allow you to use various functions but from your first post it looks as if you know this and you have already done it via the ?Edit, Preferences, Keyboard? menu option, because the default mapping is not set to allow Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V to copy and paste which you appear to be saying that they do, although they only sometimes work.

Just an idea, but what I assume is happening is that you have different sessions set up that are potentially using different keyboard map files. It would be worth checking the preferences to see if the keyboard files are the same, or if you have the same name keyboard file but the customised one was saved in a different directory/folder.

Comment

Working...
              X