No announcement yet.

Name of the job that created Flat File.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name of the job that created Flat File.

Hi everyone,

I have this flat file which is FTPed to a remote location and some warehouse applications make use of it. Now something is wrong with the data in Flat file, and I need to find the Job responsible for creating that flat file. (No I don't have any information what-so-ever regarding this Job.)

Please advise how I should approach this problem. Any way I can find the job name using flat file description or something?

Thanks.

Proto
    *...1....+....2....+....3....+....4....+....5....+ ....6....+....7.......+....8.......+....9.......+. ...10.......+....11...
    C*There are only 10 type of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't.

Re: Name of the job that created Flat File.

Try using DSPPGMREF.
    ...or if you were using XRefIT - it would take 5 seconds to find the answer.
    Last edited by kitvb1; May 5, 2010, 07:33 AM.
    Regards

Kit
    http://www.ecofitonline.com
    DeskfIT - ChangefIT - XrefIT

Comment

Another possibility that I'd try out.
      • Pick up the Creation/Change date of the flat file using DSPFD if PF or DSPLNK/WRKLNK if stream file.
      • Use then DSPLOG LOG(QHST) PERIOD(Picked up Time and Date) (Minus a delay to evaluate for the job to run.)
      • Scour up the result set to find the relevant job name.
      Philippe

Comment

or if you have object auditing turned on you can "troll" the journal entries for the file's creation and it will give you all of the info you are looking for (provided you still have the journal receivers when the file was created).
        I'm not anti-social, I just don't like people -Tommy Holden

Comment

Originally posted by Mercury View Post
          Another possibility that I'd try out.
          • Pick up the Creation/Change date of the flat file using DSPFD if PF or DSPLNK/WRKLNK if stream file.
          • Use then DSPLOG LOG(QHST) PERIOD(Picked up Time and Date) (Minus a delay to evaluate for the job to run.)
          • Scour up the result set to find the relevant job name.
          Yes this worked for me. Thanks a billions.

Btw I don't have XrefIT, and auditing is not turned on either for the files made at fly. Thanks for the replies though!

XrefIT looks cool, I wish i could install it on my AS/400 system.
          *...1....+....2....+....3....+....4....+....5....+ ....6....+....7.......+....8.......+....9.......+. ...10.......+....11...
          C*There are only 10 type of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't.

Comment

Working...
          X