Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SNDDST-Problem with large spool files

Hi,
    We have been using SNDDST for long time but suddenly we have realised that while emailing spools of size >= 7 MB, the email gets lost. The messages are same that mail has been sent but it did not reach the destination. Though spools of size 6 MB goes clean. Here I am trying to send mails as a attachment in TEXT format. Can anybody please help me know what can be the reason,is 7MB some kind of limit while sending mails via SNDDST? Or what possibly I can do to solve this one? TIA
    Arsh.

Re: SNDDST-Problem with large spool files

Originally posted by arsh
    Hi,
    We have been using SNDDST for long time but suddenly we have realised that while emailing spools of size >= 7 MB, the email gets lost. The messages are same that mail has been sent but it did not reach the destination. Though spools of size 6 MB goes clean. Here I am trying to send mails as a attachment in TEXT format. Can anybody please help me know what can be the reason,is 7MB some kind of limit while sending mails via SNDDST? Or what possibly I can do to solve this one? TIA
    Arsh.
    SNDDST does not have a size limitation as far as i know. seems more likely that the destination email server has a size restriction in place and is not allowing the email to go through. that's the most common issue for this type of problem. check with the admin for your email server and see if they are limiting email size. FWIW most places i've worked the max size allowed is 5MB in size.
    I'm not anti-social, I just don't like people -Tommy Holden

Comment

Re: SNDDST-Problem with large spool files

Hi arsh:

Check out this "ask the experts":

Under additional comments it suggests that you check the "Message split size" under chgpopa and set it to *NOMAX.

Tom is correct the remote size restriction is the most common cause of this issue.

Additional comments from Search400.com member Eldon Dobring:
      "We ran into a very simular problem. Our e-mail files sent via SNDDST were being truncated. IBM had us issue a command called CHGPOPA and change the Message split size to *NOMAX. This resolved our problem."

Best of Luck
      GLS
      The problem with quotes on the internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity.....Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Working...
      X