Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retrieve Windows User and SID on iSeries

Hi,

I am writing an app that needs to retrieve the Windows Logon Id and SID from the PC that is running the 5250 Emulator. This information is required so that we can execute a stored procedure in an Oracle Database without getting integrity violations.

Has anyone got any suggestions on how I can get this information back? I'm happy to go down the Java route if that is easier.

Any tips on the above or directions to other websites would be much appreciated!

Thanks,
    Stu

Re: Retrieve Windows User and SID on iSeries

Just to bring this back to the fore, I'm still interested in doing this. Is the best (and only) solution to this to deploy a java app on the PC that listens to requests from the Server?

Comment

This page can possibly offer some interest for you.
      Philippe

Comment

Where is this app going to reside, what are you using to write it in?

I ask because if its a windows based , you can get the user id from a DLL.

I'm having a brain fart, what is SID.
        Hunting down the future ms. Ex DeadManWalks. *certain restrictions apply

Comment

Originally posted by DeadManWalks View Post
          Where is this app going to reside, what are you using to write it in?

I ask because if its a windows based , you can get the user id from a DLL.

I'm having a brain fart, what is SID.
          The application resides on an iSeries and is a mixture of RPG iv and Java. All the online screens are written in RPG but access to the Oracle Database and to MQ is done via Java methods.

I need a way to burrow out of the Series i onto the PC that the 5250 session is running on. I'm not sure it's possible as the interactive job that runs on the Series i doesn't have any knowledge of the Windows User that is signed on. Also, if I run any Java programs, they run in the Virtual Machine on the Series i and not the PC's Java Virtual Machine.

I think I'm grasping at straws really and think that the only way to do this would be to have a java app running on the PC that listens out for a request from the Series i and returns a message that contains the Windows details I need.

A SID is a Security ID that identifies the a user, pc or workgroup on a network.

Comment

yep, the java is the way to go. There is no way for the 400 to know what is the windows sign on that is using the session.
            Hunting down the future ms. Ex DeadManWalks. *certain restrictions apply

Comment

Working...
            X