How to delete macro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to delete macro

We have a user that loves to create and use macros with Client Access. This user is very efficient with them but needs to delete some of them. I can't find a way to delete macros.

Re: How to delete macro

Hi rpgKnight:

On your user's pc look here:

C:\Program Files\IBM\Client Access\Emulator\Private

anything ending with .mac is a macro.......

You can click on the macro to read it

Best of Luck
    GLS
    The problem with quotes on the internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity.....Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Thanks. This is how I've been doing it but I was hoping to find a friendlier method for users to use. I don't like having users get in on the back end of the client. I am paranoid that way.

Comment

delete the macros and prevent them from creating more...problem solved
        I'm not anti-social, I just don't like people -Tommy Holden

Comment

User I'm working with, thanks to this thread, can delete the macros. Now, it won't let him recreate any. He gets a message like...."PCSERR003" error writing the file. Any ideas on this one?

Comment

If he's trying to make them with the same name, you may want to have him try creating them with a different one.

Or change his pcswin.ini macro section to point to another folder. We keep ours on our personal public drives so they travel with us from system to system.

PHP Code:
            [MACRO]
            dir=H:\MACROS 
            Just suggestions. Let us know if these work out for you. If not, I'll dig some more. I want to say there's another place where the macro list is held, but I'm about to head out for the day, so don't have the time to hunt it down.

Good luck!

[edit] Also, did his authority to the file where the macros are held change? If he doesn't have write access, this would likely give the same error.

Comment

Thank you so much. The user has not gotten back to me yet, but also thinks it could be a authority issue. I'll let you know!

Comment

Working...
              X