• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dropping Dish network just like the rest

Im out of contract, but love the Hundred plus channels of
    high def......

Got a flyer from local cable company that for:
    Cable, internet and phone(VOIP) I can get all three
    for two years at a lower rate then just my dish service.

I called Dish and just asked for a reduction in price
    they knocked a whopping $8.00 off the monthly rate.

So Cable here I come I already have my 1:00pm to 5:00pm
    install scheduled....

Then I read this this morning (ummm surprise)
    At Yahoo Finance, you get free stock quotes, up-to-date news, portfolio management resources, international market data, social interaction and mortgage rates that help you manage your financial life.

Dish Network Corp., the nation's second-largest satellite TV provider, on Monday reported a 54 percent drop in third-quarter net income as it spent more on promotions to keep customers from canceling and wrote down the value of its investments.
    For only the second time in Dish's history, the company saw a decline in net new subscribers -- the number of customers who sign up minus those who cancel. It lost 10,000 net subscribers in the quarter compared with a gain of 110,000 in the same quarter last year.
    All my answers were extracted from the "Big Dummy's Guide to the As400"
    and I take no responsibility for any of them.

www.code400.com

Re: dropping Dish network just like the rest

DirectTV has been great to me
    I'm not anti-social, I just don't like people -Tommy Holden

Comment

I've been contemplating getting television as I have a baby coming in the next 3 months and will be spending MUCH more time at home. So I looked at cable, Dish Network, and Direct TV. Seeing as I don't have home phone service because I get my internet through the cable company ($40/month) as opposed to having a phone line ($25-$30/month) + DSL ($25/month) = $50+/month.

I can get 200 channels and that includes all the ones that I would REALLY want for $35/month from Direct TV. Dish would cost $40 or more and cable is like $60 to $75 and I'd still be missing some.

As I see it right now the best option out there is DirectTV. Hands down. And if I do get TV it will be DirectTV unless something changes. And with the cable companies wanting to hike prices next year it looks like they are digging an even bigger hole in my mind.

On a side note, the government has launched and investigation into the 20 largest cable companies to inquire about consumer complaints of receiving less product (channels) for more money. The price of cable has doubled in the last decade, the number of channels has decreased.... they will need to dig into the practices of the channels themselves and the terms that they make the cable companies agree to as well. You won't like ESPN very much as a company after you see how they operate.

Just some food for thought.
      Your future President
      Bryce

---------------------------------------------
      http://www.bravobryce.com

Comment

I already have DirecTV and have had it for years. It has actually been great. Their HD availability is far better than the Cox Cable here. Not to mention the cost savings. We also watch a lot of College Sports (Football/Basketball) here so, we get their additional packages for that, but that's a personal preference.

If you decide you want to use DirecTV, let me know and sign up with me and we can get $50 each off our bills. Hey.. money is money!! Help a brotha out!!

-Rick

Comment

Got up today to watch the 49ers game on MNF and whoa - our company has ditched the ESPN channel in favour of extreme sports so all i got was some clonzos jumping snowboards into swimming pools !!!!!

Then the NFL site was blocked at work with 1 minute on the clock.

I really gotta change countries - any jobs going over there ?

GC
          Greg Craill: "Life's hard - Get a helmet !!"

Comment

Originally posted by bryce4president View Post
            ... as I have a baby coming in the next 3 months and will be spending MUCH more time at home...
            What? Are u nuts? Wait until it's about 5 years old or so... no changing nappies (sorry, daipers), no sleepless nights. And anyway, they just smell like sour milk.
            Robin Williams said: The definition of baby 'doo' is a mixture of toxic waste and velcro.
            Regards

Kit
            http://www.ecofitonline.com
            DeskfIT - ChangefIT - XrefIT

Comment

Working...
            X