CPF4102 error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CPF4102 error

This is probably a stupid question but I can't get this figured out.

I receive a CPF4102 error message that says

Message . . . . : Error message CPF4102 appeared during OPEN for file
    DOPROG1.
    Cause . . . . . : RPG procedure PROG1 in program COMPILE/PROG1 received
    the message CPF4102 while performing an implicit OPEN operation on file
    DOPROG1. The actual file is DOPROG1.
    Recovery . . . : Check the job log for a complete description of message
    CPF4102, and contact the person responsible for program maintenance. If the
    file has a device type of SPECIAL, there may be no message in the job log.

I have the files library in my library list, and I have recompiled my program. I have gotten this before but I can't remember how I fixed it. What (probably stupid thing) am I missing?

Jane22

Re: CPF4102 error

Are you using an ovrdbf to doprog1?
    Hail to the king, baby.

Comment

Check the QCPFMSG file for CPF4102. We have it as. Looks like you may need to look in your job log for the reason code. Good luck!

Code:
      Message ID . . . . . . . . . :   CPF4102                                    
       Message file . . . . . . . . :   QCPFMSG                                    
         Library  . . . . . . . . . :     QSYS                                     

Message . . . . :   File &2 in library &3 with member &4 not found.         
       Cause . . . . . :   The file was not opened.  The reason code is &6. The    
         reason codes and their meanings are as follows:                           
           01 - The library does not exist.                                        
           02 - The file does not exist.  The library does exist.                  
           03 - The file does not exist.  The library specified as *LIBL.          
           04 - The member was saved with storage freed.                           
           05 - The member does not exist.  The file does exist.                   
           06 - The file does not have any members.                                
           10 - The member on the remote system is not found.                      
           14 - The member was saved with storage freed on the remote system.      
           15 - The member on the remote system does not exist.  The file does exist.
           16 - The file on the remote system does not have any members.           
      Recovery  . . . :   Do one of the following based on the reason code shown,   
        and try the request again:                                                  
          01 - Change the library name with an Override Database File (OVRDBF)      
        command.                                                                    
          02 - Change the file name, the library name, or both the file name and    
        library name with an Override Database File (OVRDBF) command.               
          03 - Add the library to the library list (ADDLIBLE command) or change the 
        file name, the library name, or both the file name and library name with an 
        Override Database File (OVRDBF) command.                                    
          04 or 14 - Restore the file that contains the member (RSTOBJ command) or  
        delete the file (DLTF command) and recreate the file (CRTLF, CRTPF, or      
        CRTSRCPF command).                                                          
          05 or 06 - Add a member (ADDLFM or ADDPFM command) or change the file     
       name, the library name, or the member name with an Override Database File    
       (OVRDBF) command.                                                            
         10, 15 or 16 - Add a member (ADDLFM or ADDPFM command) or change the file  
       name, the library name, or the member name in the distributed data           
       management (DDM) file with a Change DDM File (CHGDDMF) command.

Comment

can we see a bit of your code?

Thanks
        Jamie
        All my answers were extracted from the "Big Dummy's Guide to the As400"
        and I take no responsibility for any of them.

www.code400.com

Comment

Here's the code in the RPG. I am not using any overides in the CL. I don't know else you may need to see. (I lost some of the formatting)

Code:
          FDOPROG1 IF   E           K DISK 

C  NBKEY         SETGT     DOPROG1 
          C  RDNXT         TAG                  
          C             READP     R3520
          I am just doing a CALL on the program so it is interative. When I go to check the job log I do not get any other details on the error.

I checked the QCPFMSG file and they were the same you listed but none of them should be the problem.

This is a new file, and new program.

Comment

Mutliple record formats?
            Hail to the king, baby.

Comment

It says the problem is this file DOSH3520 whatz that?

www.code400.com

Comment

That's the file, silly.
                Hail to the king, baby.

Comment

Sorry, I just don't read many (any) files by record format.
                  Hail to the king, baby.

Comment

Sorry, I rename files and programs to genric names (prog1, doprog1...) when posting because my company is strict on revealing info. That just got by me. For the question assume DOSH3520 is DOPROG1.

Jane22

Comment

K arnt there 2 files here DOSH3520 & DOPROG1

R3520 is the format for DOPROG1

that still leaves DOSH3520??

Whatz that?

www.code400.com

Comment

Is r3520 the record format?
                        Last edited by beaus; August 11, 2005, 03:27 PM. Reason: Must learn to type....
                        Hail to the king, baby.

Comment

R u compiling in batch or interactive...
                          I ask because of the jobd being used on the submit.

Change your PDM default to compile interactivley
                          F18 compile in batch "N" and try again
                          please (if in batch now)

I fixed your file name in first post

www.code400.com

Comment

No, there are not two files. The DOSH3520 was a typo. It should be DOPROG1. Ignore it competely. (I renamed DOSH3520 to DOPROG1 for the post)
                            Only one file and R3520 is the format to DOPROG1 (and there is only one record format).

Jane22 (sorry for the confusion)

Comment

Hrm, forgive my probably silly questions, but is the file keyed? Is it keyed on the f-spec in your actual pgm. I see it so in this peudo-code...
                              Hail to the king, baby.

Comment

Working...
                              X