Problem with legacy RPGIII code

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with legacy RPGIII code

I changed an RPGIII program. I went into the DDS and changed a heading, that's it. When I recompiled the screen and the RPG, it doesn't work like before. The problem happens when the program call an external program. When it returns it does not clear the screen from the external program and the new screens are cluttered with junk from the old screen.

So, I went and recompiled the original code with the original screens and now this program has the same problem.

I'm thinking that the original object was not created using the original code that I have.

Unless, there is something I need to do when I run the CRTRPGPGM to create the object.

However, I converted the RPGIII code to RPGIV and I still have the same issue, so I suspect it is the code.

Re: Problem with legacy RPGIII code

Yes, I would think that your original object was not compiled with the source that you have. This isn't some bmr source or something like that is it?
    Your future President
    Bryce

---------------------------------------------
    http://www.bravobryce.com

Comment

rpgKnight,

I suspect is was compile options on the DDS screen. Take a look at RSTDSP for one.

HTH,
      MdnghtPgmr
      "Tis better to be thought a fool then to open one's mouth and remove all doubt." - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Your problem is likely (and hopefully) that the dds needs some compiler options specified when you compile the display file.

A good programmer would have documented the compile options needed in the top of the source program of either the dds or rpg source. Check there and see what's listed.

A couple of display file compile options that would affect the screen being displayed are "Restore Display" and "Defer Write". You can change these options with the CHGDSPF command, so you dont need to recompile the display file or the program in order to try these out.

I hope its not a case where the source has been changed but never recompiled, and it was moved to a production source environment.
        Michael Catalani
        IS Director, eCommerce & Web Development
        Acceptance Insurance Corporation
        www.AcceptanceInsurance.com
        www.ProvatoSys.com

Comment

Originally posted by MdnghtPgmr View Post
          rpgKnight,

I suspect is was compile options on the DDS screen. Take a look at RSTDSP for one.

HTH,
          MdnghtPgmr
          My friend, you are a DDS genius. This worked like a charm.

Thank you so much!

Comment

rpgKnight,

Good! Glad to be of help.

MdnghtPgmr
            "Tis better to be thought a fool then to open one's mouth and remove all doubt." - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
            X