X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ILE RPG certification

Hi
    I am preparing for the ILE rpg certification by reading IBM manuals
    does any body had completed the certification can provide me what kind of questions appeard with materials.

Thanks in advance

Manoj

Re: ILE RPG certification

Hi manoj0627:

I haven't down loaded this but give it a try:

Best of Luck
    GLS
    The problem with quotes on the internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity.....Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Hello

I did that. It was difficult. They try very hard to catch you out. I couldn't find anybody who had taken the test to ask, because there wasn't really anybody here in Jo'burg.

You need to know all the keywords, all the operation codes (in c-specs as well as free form), all the built in functions, prototypes and procedures, binding language, activation groups, key lists using %KDS() as well as KLIST, all the compiler directives, have a good understanding of how things are stored in memory (including pointers, nested data-structures, parameter lists, etc...) as well as a few other things that probably slipped my mind right now (work your way through the syllabus). In other words you need to know pretty much the whole language inside out.

Also don't think that reading the manual is enough, you must experiment with all the things you haven't tried before, because the tricky little complications that you don't expect are exactly what they going to ask you.

The test generates itself randomly, so the probability of getting the same questions as someone else is low. I met a person that took the test three times and failed it three times because it was different every time.

I passed first time, so it is possible (just really hard).

Sorry if I scared you.

Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by GLS400 View Post

I downloaded the current version of this, and it's riddled with errors. Too bad, because tests like this would give those who havent taken a certification test before some exposure to what they will face when they do.

I believe two of the answers in the current test are outright wrong in their current state. Another answer gets marked wrong, even though it is identical to the answer tht is correct.

Two questions had two answers that were identical. IBM's tests have answers that are similar in structure, in which you have to really stare at the two answers to see the difference. But in this tests case, they were identical. And one of them gets marked wrong.

A few questions had typo errors which made it hard to determine if an answer was wrong, or if it was right but had a typo.

It's been a few years since I've taken IBM's certification exams, but from what I remember on the RPG tests, I will agree with Flodge on the expected content. Also, make sure you know things like the PSSR and INFDS, error recoveries, etc. I didnt have to take the RPG certification, but I helped our programmer prepare for it. He was extremely bright, knew his stuff, and still only scored in the low 90's on it. That gave a lot of us some indication to how tough it was to score well on it.

Also, the test back then had different sections. One section would be coding. Another section would be on design. I believe there were 5 sections in total. Again, it's been a few years since we took the certification exams, so they may be changed up to some degree now.
        Last edited by MichaelCatalani; October 1, 2008, 09:20 AM.
        Michael Catalani
        IS Director, eCommerce & Web Development
        Acceptance Insurance Corporation
        www.AcceptanceInsurance.com
        www.ProvatoSys.com

Comment

Hi MichaelCatalani:

I too just down loaded and found the same issues that you found. In addition the 7 questions did not in any way represent the exam (I think my exam was 70 - 80 questions)

I apologize to anyone who went to that link.

GLS
          The problem with quotes on the internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity.....Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Hi
            Please found the following real time questions http://Real-Question.com

Comment

Hello

I tried that link. The firewall at work didn't allow it because it has been blocked for containing inappropriate adult material.

I'll have to try again when I get home.

Comment

Hi

I have recently collected some sample questions if you are needed then give your mail id or tell me how attachment in this fourom

Comment

Hi all,

I have recently got some samples question for ile certification please use them and paned accordingly your preparation.

Thanks in advanced
                  Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                  X