Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iSeries Access for windows

Dear Code400,
    Iam working in Indian software company, we are doing some software development for US based company on iseries400 technology, we are connecting to iseries using Mocha software,

now my question is can we install iseries access for windows from US based company iseries server on to my PC and connect to thier iseries server, instead mocha software.

If Yes, then do my company need to pay IBM for using this.
    Please clarify.

Thank you,
    Murthi

Re: iSeries Access for windows

Murthi,

iSeries Access licenses are managed on the host. As long as the company you are working for has valid licenses then you will be fine. Another issue to consider is how many licenses the company has. If they are maxed out you still might not be able to sign on.
    Jonas Temple
    Got FROG?
    Got Tadpole? No, because it's not done yet! Stay tuned....

01010111 01100001 01110011 01110011 01110101 01110000 00100000 01100100 01101111 01100111 00111111

Comment

and they have all the Client access ports open to their system. This may be why they are just using MochaSoft because it only uses the telnet port 23 and the US compnay is not allowing ports to be open.
      Bill
      "A good friend will bail you out of jail,
      A true friend would be sitting beside you saying,
      'Wow, that was fun.'"

Comment

If I remember correctly, as from v5r4 Client Access License is no longer user based. You can have as many users as you wish.
        Regards

Kit
        http://www.ecofitonline.com
        DeskfIT - ChangefIT - XrefIT

Comment

Working...
        X