iSeries Access for Windows - fast keyboard switching

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iSeries Access for Windows - fast keyboard switching

Is it possible to fast switching keyboard? I thing - in the same way as in windows (throught the use of keyboard shortcut Alt+Shift).

Re: iSeries Access for Windows - fast keyboard switching

Add a icon on your iSeries Access tool bar "JumpNext". Takes you to your "next" iSeries Access session.

Good Luck
    Bill
    "A good friend will bail you out of jail,
    A true friend would be sitting beside you saying,
    'Wow, that was fun.'"

Comment

Hi Zuzik:

Alt-Tab allows you to cycle thru not only your open Iseries connections but any open pc job.

Hope that helps
      GLS
      The problem with quotes on the internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity.....Abraham Lincoln

Comment

But I mean switching between e.g. czech keyboard and english keyboard. In windows is it by the help of alt+shift.

Comment

Two computers?
          Bill
          "A good friend will bail you out of jail,
          A true friend would be sitting beside you saying,
          'Wow, that was fun.'"

Comment

I found this on my second favorite website:

Alt/tab alt/shift whatever

You won't see any code in this tip, but if you're like most programmers who navigate
            several Client Access sessions while programming, you'll find this tip useful.

It's not unusual for programmers to have many windows open at any given time. Those
            that use SEU in Client Access sessions to edit their source frequently bounce from
            one session to another. You can use the ALT TAB sequence to cycle through all of your
            windows or you can create a shortcut that makes things simpler for you by cycling you
            through Client Access sessions only.

In Client Access, select the option to customize your keyboard mapping. Pick a key
            sequence (I like the Shift + End combination) that you want to use as your shortcut
            and map it to the Jump Next function. Save your customization and from now on when
            you want to navigate through your iSeries Client Access sessions, simply press your
            shortcut key sequence.

Follow up:
            The tip on Client Access navigation above generated considerable reader response.
            Many of you wrote in to note that the Alt PageUp key sequence is the default keyboard
            mapping for the Jump Next function in recent releases of Client Access. Others wrote
            in to mention that another default key sequence in recent releases, Alt PageDown,
            jumps to previous Client Access Sessions.

Still others prefer the Jump to Session function. This function lets you assign specific
            sessions to specific key sequences so that you can navigate directly to sessions. For
            example, some readers mentioned a scenario such as the following:

Session A is always an SEU edit session for QRPGLESrc.
            Session B is always an SEU Session for QCLSrc.
            Session C is always a session for WrkSplF.

The preferred keyboard mapping scheme follows:

Alt 1 -- Jump to Session A
            Alt 2 -- Jump to Session B
            Alt 3 -- Jump to Session C

I even received a note from a reader who customized the Client Access toolbar with
            options for navigating between sessions! So many options...

Thanks to Club Tech iSeries Newsletter
            All my answers were extracted from the "Big Dummy's Guide to the As400"
            and I take no responsibility for any of them.

www.code400.com

Comment

Hey ! I didn't know that. Kind of you Zuzik to allow me learn something new.

From my french kb if I do Alt-Shift once I get the english kb and twice I get the russian kb (cyrillic characters) because I configured Windows with those 3 keyboards in that order.
              azerty
              qwerty
              йцукен
              Under Windows only and unhappily not 5250 sessions.
              Last edited by Mercury; September 21, 2007, 07:33 AM.
              Philippe

Comment

Within one session. We need write by the Latin and by the Cyrillic alphabet too.

Comment

Working...
                X