Invalid operation editing a menu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Invalid operation editing a menu

Hello, i'm editing a menu, but after a few changes, i get the following error:

"the operation at row/col 18,021 is invalid"

Then i press enter and the text chage in a weird manner... some characters are deleted and some are changed to others...

Re: Invalid operation editing a menu

Hi maortega

I suspect you entered one or more of the following expecting it to be text:

<>-+?= (Use F1 to get help on these items)

Those characters perform movement functions when building a menu. If you must use them (in text) they should be enclosed in quotes
    'enter item number <> 0' will work however
    enter item number <> 0 will not work and give the error
    The operation at row/col 12,039 is invalid. Press Enter.

I suspect the character movement/dropping is due to the insert/delete key being used. Others may clarify this further

Best of Luck
    GLS
    Last edited by GLS400; August 29, 2007, 02:41 PM. Reason: added =
    The problem with quotes on the internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity.....Abraham Lincoln

Comment

I agree with GLS400. It sounds like you've used either the insert, delete or backspace keys.

Comment

Yes i did use DELETE and INSERT, after that, the problems started to appear...

I erased the las 5 lines of the menu using blank spaces and did it all over again without using INSERT/DELETE

Everything is woriking fine now, thanks for the help!

Comment

Using the blank spaces with still leave the fields on the display, they're just filled with blanks. If you position your cursor to the immediate left of a field (or piece of text) and type "d" and press Enter, it will be deleted. They may be hard (if not impossible) to find now with the spaces, but you can you F18 to tab from field to field and delete the ones that are empty.

Comment

This also happens if you have tried to type over a field that is already defined.

Say you have a field on row 4 starting at col 10 for length 12, and then you start typing at row 4 and col 22, this is next to the previous field. As you cannot have 2 fields touching each other you will get this message. The location given tells you where it is.

To see the current defined fields use F20 to toggle them to reverse image view.

This will even show 'blank' fields.

GC
            Greg Craill: "Life's hard - Get a helmet !!"

Comment

BTW, Its much easier to build and change screens in Designer than SDA or SEU.

Comment

Originally posted by arrow483 View Post
                BTW, Its much easier to build and change screens in Designer than SDA or SEU.
                @#%@#%@#%@#% it Arrow - think of the environment - keep it Green !!!

Greg Craill: "Life's hard - Get a helmet !!"

Comment

Working...
                X