I have a transfer request for our Inovis EDI master file that's been working great for a few months.
Over the weekend, I upgraded TrustedLink Iseries from 6.1.4 to 6.2.0.
Now when we run our file transfer request, all of the data is in hexadecimal.
When I look at the field field description of EDMAST on the '400, it says the fields are character.... and I can read them if I do a query on the '400 over the file.
Only the file transfer seems to be affected.
Any ideas? I am stumped on this one.
I don't have the source for the file, but when I do a DSPFFD it shows that the fields are "char".
When I go into the file transfer and look at the file layout, they show as hex.
Strange! (at least to me it is)
Did the CCSID of the fields change? Reason is, I've seen CCSID 65535 look strange when un-translated.
That was it. I figured it out about 30 minutes ago and was just signing in to update everyone.
If you go under file, and then properties, there is a check box "convert CCSID 65535". I checked it and then it started working.
They did change the CCSID from 37 to 65535 for some reason. I found it in their release notes.
I "think" and I can't confirm that some software companies (JDE being one of them) use this CCSID to help in internationalizing their application. I believe it stems from supporting DBCS systems...not sure of that, though.
Excel does the same thing. You have to convert the CCSID when you upload or you get garbage data.
Your future President