Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regd moving

Dear All,

Greetings, I am new to system admin side. I need to transfer from one server to another server . here no tools are available. just i need to copy from one server to another server. can you please help...

with regards
    The Secret Of Achieving Your Goals Is Revealed Before Your Eyes.
    System Engineer

Sudha...

Re: Regd moving

You could probably start with some of the SAV* commands, but please understand some software may not work on the new system due to license key issues.

Comment

FTP would be my first choice.

If this is an ongoing task with data being shared between two servers you could also try using DDM files.

Comment

Hi Sudha:

Look into SAVRSTLIB..... I beleive you need "Object Connect" which is an installable feature of the Operating System and I think it's Free

Best of Luck
        GLS
        The problem with quotes on the internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity.....Abraham Lincoln

Comment

I use the SAVRSTLIB and SAVRSTOBJ a lot. You do need to have Object Connect installed, it is option 22 on the base OS.
          I also use the transfer function in iSeries Navigator to move things among my systems, and I have also used the QFILESVR.400 file system in the IFS to access data on remote systems from the command line.

Pete

Comment

Working...
          X