DST caught me !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DST caught me !

Well, I updated all my Win servers, all our PC's, and the iSeries, and still got caught by the darn DST thing.

Seems the iSeries created a new time zone, that moved the DST effective dates for 2007 and beyond. However, MS patch did not. Instead, it patched the current time zone, meaning it affected these 4 weeks retroactively for past years.

So, who cares ? Well. we have IFS files that download to local clients (250MB) whenever the time stamp changes. Normally very little changes as we do new releases. However, move than 70% of these files had timestamps in the 3/10/2006 to 3/30/2006 time range (initial release). Now MS machines have adjusted the timestamps by 1 hour, but the iSeries did not.

So now, all the clients are getting about 200MB downloads. For local users this isn't really a big deal, but remotes will take 3 - 10 hours each.

Thanks M$. Infor XA users will probably all get hit by this.

Re: DST caught me !

We had all of our 2000 servers jack up.....again who cares...but the bio-metric scanners get their time from these servers and well we had to modify all effected
    punches by one hour......... we have 5 companies running 3 shifts....add that up!

jamie
    All my answers were extracted from the "Big Dummy's Guide to the As400"
    and I take no responsibility for any of them.

www.code400.com

Comment

Daylight savings times are banned in Saudi, prayer times are based on the track of the sun, and its constant.

By Gum ! - Have I actually found a benefit in living here ?

GC
      Greg Craill: "Life's hard - Get a helmet !!"

Comment

You may have !
        No offense, but I think I would prefer Arizona or Hawaii to escape DST.

Comment

Did I hear Arizona?

BTW .. did I mention it's 88, sunny and I have to call a College Baseball Game this afternoon ... outside... in the SUN....??

Comment

it's 88, sunny and I have to call a College Baseball Game this afternoon
            Oh yeah ? Well, we have a heat wave, too ! It just hit 50, and I'm going out to shovel snow! Wish you were here.

Comment

Its 70 here....just returned from lunch...ordered the "Tavern burger"
              3/4 pound burger with HAM, FRIED EGG, the works.......

@#%@#%@#%@#% I love spring

Sorry bout the snow arrow.......mine has all melted!

www.code400.com

Comment

We had snow once ... and there was alot of it too!! 20 inches to be exact! (Here's a picture)

Just can't remember what it looks like...

Comment

Originally posted by jamief View Post
                  Its 70 here....just returned from lunch...ordered the "Tavern burger" 3/4 pound burger with HAM, FRIED EGG, the works.......
                  Tavern, Ham, hmmmm . . . . .
                  I can cope with the snow - where's the vacancy listings again ...

GC

Comment

Sorry bout that greg...I must be more careful with my words knowing your
                    situation It was a @#%@#%@#%@#% good burger.....!!!

www.code400.com

Comment

What hamburger joint was that at? Think I'm getting humgry....
                      Bill
                      "A good friend will bail you out of jail,
                      A true friend would be sitting beside you saying,
                      'Wow, that was fun.'"

Comment

Well, my snow almost melted yesterday at 68F. But we are expecting 1-2 feet tomorrow. FastOne - should I send you 20 inches for memory's sake ?

Comment

No .. they've already enshrined the 20" we had earlier. But, thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by jamief View Post
                            Sorry bout that greg...I must be more careful with my words knowing your situation It was a @#%@#%@#%@#% good burger.....!!!
                            Hell No !!!

You should make the most of my situation and poke fun wherever possible, it's what a Kiwi would do after all

Take the cheap shots while you can - they may never come again !

Comment

Working...
                            X