Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Display another users screen

Hi All:

A few years back I down loaded some code that would allow me to display another users screen at my workstation.

The command was called DSPSCRN with 2 cl programs DSPSCRNCL/GETDSPCL.

Since V5R4 upgrade this program no longer works. (I read somewhere that the trace command no longer allows an exit program to be registered).

Does anyone know of a replacement for this utility?

Thanks
    GLS
    The problem with quotes on the internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity.....Abraham Lincoln

Re: Display another users screen

Try and get a VNC installed on your PC.

Another tool is STRCPYSCN Here is a article from Bob Cozzi http://www.mcpressonline.com/mc?1@1....K1.0@.6b4964d1
    Never trust a dog to watch your food.

Comment

Hey Thanks SBP

Great article. I've used the strcpyscr and wingrab.

The problem is that strcpyscr interupts the other person's screen to ask if it's OK.

Wingrab works only on the local session not the "other users".

Most of the other products mentioned in the article also worked only on the local terminal.

What I'm trying to accomplish is to "see" the problem without getting any exercise.

Thanks Again
      GLS
      The problem with quotes on the internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity.....Abraham Lincoln

Comment

I use logmein..........http://www.logmein.com You could check on corportate licenses.....also remote desktop or as suggested VNC (its free)
        is an option as well as PC anywhere.
        All my answers were extracted from the "Big Dummy's Guide to the As400"
        and I take no responsibility for any of them.

www.code400.com

Comment

Thanks Jamie and SBP

This is a great starting point and a great site

GLS

Comment

We use VNC and it is a good tool. Especially since some of my users are in GA. I would hate to walk to their desk.
            Never trust a dog to watch your food.

Comment

I use Remote Assistance, which is built in to Windows XP. The user asks Remote Assistance to send me a request for help, which can come to me as an email. The email has an attachment that starts an application which contacts the user's PC over the network. I can even take control of their PC through the app., and run program, debug, etc.
              "Time passes, but sometimes it beats the <crap> out of you as it goes."

Comment

Working...
              X