files in QSPL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• files in QSPL

We have about 5% of our diskspace tied up in database files in QSPL. I have several questions about that.
    Is 5% reasonable?
    Is there a way to tell which outq(s) or which spooled files are related to the file?
    Is RCLSPLSTG the only way to clean up the files. Do all of the members have to be empty before the files can release their space back to the system?

It is my understanding that the files will stay around until all of the members are empty and the number of days in QRCLSPLSTG have passed without new spooled files using the file. I would like to track down which spool files I need to get rid of in order to empty out some of these files so I can recover the disk space.

Thanks for your time.

m

Re: files in QSPL

I didn't see any reponses to this question...I would like to know the same thing. My QSPL library is getting quite large. I have several files with over 1000 members in each, some are empty and some have several records in them, most of them are well over the 8 day default set for the QRCLSPLSTG system value.
    Will running the RCLSPLSTG command remove these members? I assume this command will not delete any spool files already on the box.

Comment

the command doesnt delete spooled files... It allows for reuse of the space
      that is taken up by each spooled file... I know Im not explaining this well
      but someone will come behind me and clear it all up.
      The only hit you may take if you reclain all spool storage is that
      it may take longer for a large daily spooled file to build the next (first)
      time you run it after the reclaim.

You could run it right now

jamie
      All my answers were extracted from the "Big Dummy's Guide to the As400"
      and I take no responsibility for any of them.

www.code400.com

Comment

generally if i've purged tons and tons of spooled files i run a RCLSPLSTG *NONE immediately after i finish. i've never had any adverse effects (slow down, etc) after the fact. if there were it was on an old CISC box big as a house...
        I'm not anti-social, I just don't like people -Tommy Holden

Comment

Thanks folks for the input....I will give it a try....

Comment

Working...
          X