hover the mouse pointer over a internet link it launches the program

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hover the mouse pointer over a internet link it launches the program

I am working on a Toshiba laptop with Microsft Vista OS and when I just hover the mouse pointer over a internet link it launches the program without me clicking the link. [This is a delightful feature when you are trying to edit a server configuration.]

Can I stop this automatic launching? I could not find anything in the hardware config. I Thanks.

Re: hover the mouse pointer over a internet link it launches the program

Thats what you get for being on the cutting edge of technology!
    All my answers were extracted from the "Big Dummy's Guide to the As400"
    and I take no responsibility for any of them.

www.code400.com

Comment

When I look up vista in my thesaurus, one of the synanyms is lookout.
      I guess that means if you are using Microsoft Vista you had better Lookout.

Sorry couldn't resist

I wish I could help but the odds are that we won't see new technology like that around here for at least a year.

Must be nice to work for a company who likes to move foreward

Comment

OK, I'm not sure if this is the samething but it sounds like "Live Thumb Nails"
        If so this is what I found

Finally, a tip. If you don't like Live Thumbnails or find that they bog down your low-end PC, you can turn the feature off (just as you can turn off Taskbar Grouping as well). To do so, right-click on an empty area of the Taskbar and choose Properties. Then, uncheck the option titled Show Thumbnails. When you do so, you'll get the old-style balloon help previews shown below.

Comment

well, the problem wasn't with thumbnails, but fat thumbs.
          I ratcheted it down to the lowest sensitivity and it works better.

Comment

Working...
          X