Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to find the information about the deleted modules bound in the program

HI
    I have to create a command to update the program,however, the modules bound in the program were deleted,because they were created in the QTEMP
    if I DSPPGM this program,of course, I can find the infomation about those
    modules,but I have to type 5 to display the module I specified.
    Is there any command or some methods to display the information about those
    modules and output them automatically without pressing 5
    thanks you very much

Re: how to find the information about the deleted modules bound in the program

dsppgmref

or look here

jamie
    All my answers were extracted from the "Big Dummy's Guide to the As400"
    and I take no responsibility for any of them.

www.code400.com

Comment

dsppgmref?
      how to do that?
      I have tried this command before,but I can not get information I want
      could you please tell me how to do that with dsppgmref?
      thank you very much

Comment

I want to get the information of the modules(the source file of the modules and the library contains that ) bound in the program automatically in the spolling file or output file

thank you very much

Comment

Sorry posted wrong link before...

look here at API's

specifically QBNRMODI & QCLRPGMI

www.code400.com

Comment

can QBNRMODI retrieve the infomation of the module which was deleted after they were bound in the program? if the QBNRMODI is similar to dspmod,DSPMOD can only retrieve the infomation of the exist

Comment

I guess im not following you. Are you saying the modules that were created are now deleted? or are you saying they are not in QTEMP (cause they wouldnt be) It just says they are.

What exactly is missing?

www.code400.com

Comment

I am sorry,
                yes, the modules are deleted after they were bound in the program, they don't exist now

but now, I have to UPDPGM, I need the information of the module, such as the source file and the library

Comment

so you are looking for the source file & source file library to ???? recreate?

This can be retrieved with the API....but there must be an object.
                  like this

PHP Code:
                  PCH76       *PGM    
                  PCH76       
                  *MODULE 

www.code400.com

Comment

yes, I need the source file & source file library to recreate the module

????
                    what is PCH76? I am sorry
                    how to use it?

thanks

Comment

its just a program/module on my box I was using for an example....

you need to use the API I posted above to get source file
                      it returns the following:
                      PHP Code:
                            *==============================================
                      QBNRMODI  API to Retrieve module info

*==============================================
                      Standard Parameters for QBNRMODI

* (RETRIEVE MODULE INFORMATION)

D RM_PARM         DS                  INZ
                           D  RM_RCV                 1    170                                         RECEIVER VARIABLE
                           D   RM_MODNAME            9     18                                         MODULE NAME
                           D   RM_MODLIB            19     28                                         MODULE LIBRARY
                           D   RM_MODATTR           29     38                                         MODULE ATTRIBUTE
                           D   RM_SRCFIL            52     61                                         SOURCE FILE
                           D   RM_SRCLIB            62     71                                         SOURCE LIBRARY
                           D   RM_SRCMBR            72     81                                         SOURCE MEMBER
                           D   RM_TEXT             121    170                                         TEXT DESCRIPTION
                           D  RM_RCV_LEN           171    174B 0                                      LENGTH OF RCV 
                      VAR

D  RM_FORMAT            175    182                                         FORMAT NAME
                           D  RM_PGM_LIB           183    202                                         PGM NAME 
                      LIBRARY
                           D   RM_PGM              183    192                                         PROGRAM NAME
                           D   RM_LIB              193    202                                         PROGRAM LIBRARY 

www.code400.com

Comment

sorry for trouble you a long time

I will try them
                        thank you very much

Comment

Working...
                        X