Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Easy- how do I create user Login/pwd?

I'm back again with my newbie questions

In SQL Server, when I want to create a login/password for a user, I go to "Enterprise manager", "Security", "Logins". Right click and create a new database Login/Password for a user.

I'm looking at the iSeries Navigtor. I see my schemas, I see "users and groups"..but not sure how I can create a new user login/password..

Under "Users and Groups", I can right click, then choose "New User" but if I do that...which Schema is that user login/password is going to belong to??

Re: Easy- how do I create user Login/pwd?

you must have special authority *SECADM to create as400 profiles.

the greenscreen command to do this is crtusrprf...
    it might be easier to find another profile with "like" requirements
    and use the WRKUSRPRF and do a copy.
    then modify as needed...

jamie
    All my answers were extracted from the "Big Dummy's Guide to the As400"
    and I take no responsibility for any of them.

www.code400.com

Comment

ah, cant do it from iseries navigator?

and Once it's created, is it stored somewhere...the login and password..i mean? special table/file? I'm sure the passwords will be hashed or something like SQL Server...

Comment

>> ah, cant do it from iseries navigator?

Sure you can. Usually easier to "copy" an existing user.

>>and Once it's created, is it stored somewhere...the login and password..i mean? special table/file? I'm sure the passwords will be hashed or something like SQL Server...

Its stored in a special system tables that you can't access directly (to my knowledge).

Access is controlled at the object level (schema, pgm, table, etc) and each object has permissions attached to it, including "public" (like "everyone"). Usually this by "group" permissions. Making a user a member of the group authenticates him to that groups permission.

Richt-click a schema (library) in Ops Navigator, and you should be able to view permissions.

Comment

Light bulb is much brighter, thanks.

Comment

Working...
          X