Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with XLPARSE2

Hi all

i would need some help to undestand where i'm wrong with XLPARSE2 commad.
    my scenario is this:
    1- I create a xls file in as400 with command SQL2XLS
    2- I copy the xls file from Ifs to My pc
    3- I open the Xls file in my pc With Excel and then i save it without any changes
    4- I copy the Xls file from my pc to Ifs
    5- I Run the XLPARSE2 command and i see the right record ID :
    B means "sheet title"
    H means "column head
    D means "data columns"

see img01

instead, in step 3 if I open the Xls file in my pc With Excel and then for example i delete all the data rows leaving olny the first and the last row, when i run the XLPARSE2 command (after having copied again my Xls file modified from Pc to Ifs) i lost the B ID and the H ID began D see img02

Attached the Xls WIEADIES_save.xls that works fine and the Xls WIEADIES that is not OK inside Xls.Zip

can some help where is the problem ?
    thanks in advance

XLPARSE2 Date and time of this release : 141103213048
    Attached Files

Re: Help with XLPARSE2

Hi

any idea that can help me to solve the problem ? pheraps Scott Klement can suggest me something ?

if some ine can help .. or can suggest other way to read excel file.. my need is to identify column heading rows, as in in them are stored the fileds's name that i have to update in my db2 table..

correction : XLPARSE2 is not a command but is the library dowloaded from easy400.net ; the command is XLSCONVERT that use Scott Klement's utilities provided in service program XLPARSER4

Comment

Hi

any idea that can help me to solve the problem ? pheraps Scott Klement can suggest me something ?

if some ine can help .. or can suggest other way to read excel file.. my need is to identify column heading rows, as in in them are stored the fileds's name that i have to update in my db2 table..

correction : XLPARSE2 is not a command but is the library dowloaded from easy400.net ; the command is XLSCONVERT that use Scott Klement's utilities provided in service program XLPARSER4

Comment

Sorry, I do not have any ideas about this. I have never looked at this tool or how it works, I'm completely unfamiliar with the PF format you posted or where it comes from. Why not ask on Giovanni Perotti's Easy400Group mailing list, since this is his tool?

Comment

Working...
        X