Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Determining if a JOBD is in use.

Greetings,

I have inherited a system that has thousands of user profiles and thousands of JOBDs. We run MIMIX HA and the audit reports are flagging over a thousand JOBDs found on the target box that are not on the source box. To add to the confusion; the target box is used for development along with it being the DR box, so it may have users on the development box that are not on the production box.

So far I have dumped all JOBD names and there libraries between both boxes and I also have a list of profile JOBDs (and jobd libraries) from both boxes.

Keep in mind, checking against the profile may not be enough as a different JOBD could be referenced on a SBMJOB command, so somehow scheduled batch jobs, network jobs, etc. need to be checked. We do have the TAATOOLs suite, but nothing stands-out with these tools.

Short of manually researching each and every JOBD descripency I see, is there a way I could write a CL to show me "where a JOBD is used"?

TIA, J
    "Not that I need one; but I.T. is just one more reason to drink, and drink heavily! Also, they claim there is too much violence in the workplace, perhaps there isn't enough."

Re: Determining if a JOBD is in use.

if you have Hawkeye it can tell you where the JOBD is referenced in programs, etc. and i'm sure other cross-reference tools will as well. a quick DSPOBJD to an outfile can give you the last used date as well.
    I'm not anti-social, I just don't like people -Tommy Holden

Comment

Thanks Tom, we do have Hawkeye, so I'll poke around with it.
      J
      "Not that I need one; but I.T. is just one more reason to drink, and drink heavily! Also, they claim there is too much violence in the workplace, perhaps there isn't enough."

Comment

Help Systems ABSTRACT tool can assist you in this endeavor as well.

Comment

If you upgrade to MIMIX V7.1, you get iOptimize for free (Previously the licensed product Vision Director) which gives you a tool box of NOTE, to do exactly what you need - will report on every object on both systems, giving you the option to fix/ optimise only those you need to.

Comment

Ahhhhhhh up to date software - I wish!

We're still on V5R3M0 and MIMIX 4.4
            Greg Craill: "Life's hard - Get a helmet !!"

Comment

Eina! That's gonna leave a mark...

Then my suggestion is to do a dspobjd of all the objects you want to an *outfile on both machines.
              Send one outfile to the other machine where you can run 2 sets of queries.
              1 to report by last used or last changed date.
              1 to report on differences.

Instead of deleting the object, move it to another library (not in your libl) for quick restore if anything goes wrong with the apps.

Comment

Working...
              X