Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to check if a particular exe file is installed on the users workstation

Hello,

I need to check if a particular exe file (file name) exists in workstation of a particular user from RPG/CL before initiating PC application:
    - first spoolfiles from as400 are converted to .pdf format
    - then comes call to PC application that has to get pdf files and display them on users PC

We are expiriencing situation that user's does not have the necessary exe file installed on their machine and trying to use the option to generate the .pdf files and display on their desktop.when pc app is invoked its not displaying the file on the users desktop as user doesnot have necessary exe file installed on their local machine. We wish to place logic on as400 side - to validate that user has necessary exe file installed that will be used by the pc application.
    How can this be done?

Re: How to check if a particular exe file is installed on the users workstation

So no objects on the PC? then only way is to map a NT share to the 400 for each PC. Then use the IFS commands or the QShell ones to see if the exe is there.
    If you can place a object on the PC's, I'd go with windows scripting. So the iseries does a strpco to the WBS. the WBS test to see if the exe is there, if so then shell it, if not dont.
    Hunting down the future ms. Ex DeadManWalks. *certain restrictions apply

Comment

Originally posted by DeadManWalks View Post
      So no objects on the PC? then only way is to map a NT share to the 400 for each PC. Then use the IFS commands or the QShell ones to see if the exe is there.
      If you can place a object on the PC's, I'd go with windows scripting. So the iseries does a strpco to the WBS. the WBS test to see if the exe is there, if so then shell it, if not dont.
      Thanks for the reply!!!

Could you please tell me, which object we can place on the Pc's? and can you provide me a sample window scripting program?

Comment

you can get a ton of windows scripting programs on the net. Under my method, you will place a mychecker.wbs on the pcs. Look up strpco. There are examples on this site for that.
        Hunting down the future ms. Ex DeadManWalks. *certain restrictions apply

Comment

Working...
        X