Object restore to QSYS is failing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Object restore to QSYS is failing

Trying to restore missing object(s) to QSYS from SAVSYS tape.
    Command:
    Code:
     RSTOBJ OBJ(QSQLPKG2) SAVLIB(QSYS) DEV(TAP01) OBJTYPE(*SQLPKG) SEQNBR(36) MBROPT(*ALL) ALWOBJDIF(*ALL)
    But I get this message
    Code:
    File not selected. File label or file name mismatch for file Q5761SS1610M...
    I tried it with SEQNBR(*SEARCH), but get the same results. Running under security officer profile.

Any ideas?

Re: Object restore to QSYS is failing

are you restoring to a different OS version perhaps? (all else fails...not advocating this but...) you can restore using ALWOBJDIF(*ALL) MBROPT(*ALL). if it is a different OS version I can't say if this would cause any major issues or not so....use at your own risk...
    I'm not anti-social, I just don't like people -Tommy Holden

Comment

Hey Arrow:

Try This.......EDTOBJAUT OBJ(QSYS) OBJTYPE(*LIB)
      I don't think qsecofr has authority to qsys

Best of Luck
      GLS
      Last edited by GLS400; February 1, 2012, 03:16 PM.
      The problem with quotes on the internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity.....Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Thanks, Tom. It IS the same version - its last month's backup. And I used those options.

GLS, I will try that. I figured it might be a security thing, or perhaps the way SAVSYS stores the data. I found the file name by dumping the *SAVRST list from the tape.

Comment

How did this turn out Arrow?
          All my answers were extracted from the "Big Dummy's Guide to the As400"
          and I take no responsibility for any of them.

www.code400.com

Comment

That didn't help. It just couldn't seem to find the file on the QSYS save. I ended up copying the 2 files I nedded from another LPAR. It seems to have worked. I probably won't know for sure until I try to run another SAVSYS on this partition.

Comment

Working...
            X