Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ODBC errors and performance problems

Hello all -

We have an web server that uses ASP code and the Client Access ODBC driver to pull data from the AS/400. The website has been rock solid for years until about three weeks ago.

Suddenly three weeks ago, the performance of the website plummeted. I hired some web devs to check out the server and they say the server is fine and that we are not being attacked by hackers.

We've narrowed it down to the ODBC connection to the AS/400.

Whenever it first hits the AS/400, it seems to take 2-3 minutes to establish the connection to the AS/400. Once you are signed in, it seems to operate normally.

Sometimes though it just times out. And sometimes (like today), it immediately gives the following error:

[IBM][System i Access ODBC Driver]Communication link failure. comm rc=10054 - CWBCO1047 - The System i server application disconnected the connection

I've Googled the error and there doesn't seem to be much useful information yet.

I also noticed that there are dozens of QZDASOINIT jobs running now, probably because of all of the users "trying" to use the web site.

Can anyone offer any ideas?

Even better, if there is anyone in the DFW area that can help, I will be happy to pay you to come over and work on this for us.

Thanks!

Re: ODBC errors and performance problems

Has someone screwed around with the DNS? Sounds like it is hitting something bad in the DNS, timing out after a while, trying the next step, possibly timing out, and eventually getting something right.
    Michael Catalani
    IS Director, eCommerce & Web Development
    Acceptance Insurance Corporation
    www.AcceptanceInsurance.com
    www.ProvatoSys.com

Comment

Working...
    X