using jQuery to load RPG generated web pages seems to be failing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• using jQuery to load RPG generated web pages seems to be failing

Has anyone else tried to tinker with this? I have a bunch of pages which all look nice, but i wanted to wrap them together into nicely designed html page.

Essentially, i wanted to insert a webpage generated from RPG into a div tag. I wanted to accomplish this by inserting it into the div "contents with jquery though a button click. Right now i am getting a server error: 500. Maybe i was writing the jquery wrong. i did as follows:
    HTML Code:
    <script type = "text/javascript">
    function t(){
    var site = 'SOME WEBSITE';
    site = site + '&KEY=VALUE';
    $('#contents').load(site);
    }
    </script>
    <div id = "contents"></div>
    I checked with an alert to see if the site command was built correctly, which it looks like it was. I put the alerted string into the browser, and it loaded the page, so that is working right for the GET part, but it isnt loading it into the div. using the other arguments in LOAD is more for POSTING, so it would like like:
    HTML Code:
    $('#contents').load(site,{KEY:VALUE});
    Does RPG dislike being used like this? Is my LOAD syntax somehow wrong?

Re: using jQuery to load RPG generated web pages seems to be failing

As an alternate option, i just used frames to contain the information, as the way my program is set up, it will allow that, BUT it isnt something that i can always use for applications.

Comment

Re: using jQuery to load RPG generated web pages seems to be failing

What does the html code snippet look like that is being passed back from the RPG program?
      Your future President
      Bryce

---------------------------------------------
      http://www.bravobryce.com

Comment

Working...
      X