Corrupted days used count

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corrupted days used count

Have any of you encountered bad data in the days used count field? It is the ODUCNT field in the DSPOBJD outfile QADSPOBJ.

I have one PF where this field contains 32767. Another PF created in 1999 shows 6825 days days used which means it would have to be over 18 years old. A source PF created in 2001 with days used of 10429.

This system has a lot of old files with high days used counts that are technically possible but with three impossible ones, I wonder what I can trust?
    Denny

If authority was mass, stupidity would be gravity.

Re: Corrupted days used count

I havent used this field in forever, so I'm not sure of any nuances of how its calculating the days. However, on my machine (which is just under 4 years old) I have a few files in which the days used count exceed the age of the machine. Each of these files have had members restored to them from another machine that was acquired back around 10 years ago. I dont know for certain, but it appears that restoring a member to the file may cause this number to be manipulated based upon the days used count from the member being restored. This is just an outright guess though.
    Michael Catalani
    IS Director, eCommerce & Web Development
    Acceptance Insurance Corporation
    www.AcceptanceInsurance.com
    www.ProvatoSys.com

Comment

Working...
    X