IP address of iSeries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IP address of iSeries

I want to know the IP address of the iSeries version that I am currently logged in. Please let me know the all possible ways.

Re: IP address of iSeries

That's a trick question right - in order to see what the IP address is on the system you are on, you have to be on a system, if you are on a system then you have connected, if you have connected then you have specified an IP address to connect to ????

Check the C:\Windows\System 32\Drivers\etc\hosts file, it lists the hostname - IP listing that windows uses, not doubt you either connect directly via an IP address, or the hostname associated with one. Dunno about Linux pc's.

Otherwise if you are on someone elses session and want to know what the IP is as you did not connect yourself ...

CALL QCMD
    PING your-sys-name

The results displayed on the "screen" will show the IP address of your system if it has been configured in the host table entries. Not technically the best way but the fastest.

CFGTCP
    Option 1
    F11

Look at the IP's that are active, write them down on a piece of paper, staple it to your forehead and run around the office shrieking "EUREKA!!!"
    Last edited by gcraill; May 31, 2011, 11:42 PM. Reason: Caffeine ...
    Greg Craill: "Life's hard - Get a helmet !!"

Comment

the smoking gnu

Comment

All, Thanks for the reply.

Comment

Working...
        X