ibmi-brunch-learn

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to generate the first line of my xml file?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to generate the first line of my xml file?

Hi all

I've just written a program using service programm QXML4PR531 functions (XML FOR PROCEDURAL PARSER VERSION 5.3.1). We had here another program using this Service programm, so I thought it was a good idea to try and do something similar in my new program

My problem is that I can't generate the following line in the XML file (I had to remove the leading '<' and the trailing '>' brackets below so that it could be visible) :

Code:
    ?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?
    What fonction of this service program should I use and how?

I guess you realised that it's my first 'XML file generation ' experience.

Thanks for any suggestion.

Re: How to generate the first line of my xml file?

I'd like to help you, but I don't use that service program. In fact, I've never even heard of it.

When I generate XML files, I use the CGIDEV2 service program. It lets me create a template that has everything in it with place holders for the values within the elements. Then I write an RPG program that uses the functions of CGIDEV2 to replace the place holders with actual values. www.easy400.net
    "Time passes, but sometimes it beats the <crap> out of you as it goes."

Comment

Hi littlepd

Thanks for your reply.

The point is that this the very last thing I have to do to finish this program (which should be finished according to my boss!!). So I feel very frustrated about it. It seems to be such a simple thing to do!

But for the next program, i'll take your piece of advice into account.

Thx,

Comment

Hi Iaorana,

I'm afraid I can't help much with the IBM service program QXML4PR531 - I've only worked with it a little bit, mainly because my company develops a software package entirely devoted to XML on the IBM i, called RPG-XML Suite. www.rpg-xml.com.

It makes it a lot easier to generate XML, work with web services, the whole nine yards. We've got a thirty day free trial on our website, if you'd like to give it a shot, and if you have any questions, we've got developers who can assist you with proof of concept code and demos.

Good luck!

Comment

Hi Vitae Machina,

Thanks for your reply.

Well if we ever have to make more programs generating XML, I'll look at your solution more deeply.

Patrice

Comment

AS400's, Tahiti,

My wife wants to know if there are any job vacancies over there ?

Greg Craill: "Life's hard - Get a helmet !!"

Comment

In AS/400 field? Well it doesn't seem to be the right moment, but you can allways have à look here http://www.idt.pf/

Only in french!

Comment

Working...
              X