Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silent Death of program during IPL

Hello,

Hopefully somebody can help me. First, I am relatively new to the AS/400 and I'm a programmer and not really an administrator/operator. I ported a "C" program from Unix to the AS/400 on a system that I rent time on so I'm limited on what I can do or test. The customer has installed the software on his system and has had no problems using it. The customer has written a CL program to start the program. When executed manually the CL program starts my program without a problem. When the CL program is executed at IPL (via QSTRUPPGM) my program never seems to start. The customer had the CL program create a file to confirm that the CL program was executed. The customer has stated that the CL program was executed with full permissions to make sure it was not a permissions problem. The customer also states that nothing appears in the systems logs indicating anything one way or another.

Are there any limitations on what can be started at IPL?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Luis

Re: Silent Death of program during IPL

there are no limitations on what can be done at IPL time (a program is a program is a...well you get the idea). the job log should at least contain a message that program "xyz" was called. if there's not a specific reason not to, have them change the QSTRUPPGM do a SBMJOB on the CL calling your program and see if that alleviates the problem.
    I'm not anti-social, I just don't like people -Tommy Holden

Comment

Lets see the startup program... please post

jamie
      All my answers were extracted from the "Big Dummy's Guide to the As400"
      and I take no responsibility for any of them.

www.code400.com

Comment

Originally posted by tomholden View Post
        there are no limitations on what can be done at IPL time (a program is a program is a...well you get the idea). the job log should at least contain a message that program "xyz" was called. if there's not a specific reason not to, have them change the QSTRUPPGM do a SBMJOB on the CL calling your program and see if that alleviates the problem.
        I will have the customer try that. Thanks.

Luis

Comment

sponsored links

Collapse

Working...
        X