User profile authority

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• User profile authority

Hi guys, I have this case related to the sys admin side on iseries, please some advice how can I fix it and what I have to search for find the cause of the problem:
    I have a job scheduled in batch, let's say job A and this is submitted under a user profile with a job description associated, let's say USER_A with JOBD_A, this job description has in library list QGPL, QTEMP and a lot of several custom libraries.
    From this job I have to submit another job, job B, under another user profile, USER_B, special configured for SFTP transfers, it has the keys generated in the IFS and is able to connect with keys, with another job description associated for the second job, JOBD_B, only with QTEMP and two libraries where I have stored the object for the transfer program which execute the qsh and a library where I have a config file with some information related to the transfer, so only with the libraries necessary for the job to run succesfully.
    The issue consists in the following error:

User USER_B not authorized to library LIBA --> where LIBA is a library from the job description JOBD_A, associated to the USER_A, from the first job submitted.

I mention once more time that I don't need any object for the second job from that library.
    So, why I have this issue? What I have to check to see if it is a problem with the authority settings for that library, or for the user profile USER_B or what can I do?
    How can I fix, to grant authority on LIBA, to change the USER_B to have special authority *ALLOBJ?
    Thanks in advance!

I think the problem you're having is due to the default value for the INLLIBL parameter of the SBMJOB command, which is *CURRENT. You should probably change that to *JOBD when you submit the job.

Cheers,

Emmanuel

Comment

Thank you! I'll try, so it is manageable directly from the SBMJOB command

Comment

Working...
      X