This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Library full of Userspace files. URGENT

Our EDI4XXDTA library is at a dangerously full level, its at 359300 files, at 360000 it stops EDI.

There are 340k+ userspace files in this library, im trying to figure out what can be purged.

Most of the objects show a use date of 8/20/16 (last Saturday).

Example:

Object Type Library Attribute Text
    O0000AB9AA *USRSPC EDI4XXDTA MSGS TrustedLink
    O0000ACAAA *USRSPC EDI4XXDTA MSGS TrustedLink
    O0000ACBAA *USRSPC EDI4XXDTA MSGS TrustedLink
    O0000ACDAA *USRSPC EDI4XXDTA MSGS TrustedLink
    O0000ACEAA *USRSPC EDI4XXDTA MSGS TrustedLink
    O0000AC1AA *USRSPC EDI4XXDTA MSGS TrustedLink
    O0000AC2AA *USRSPC EDI4XXDTA MSGS TrustedLink
    O0000AC3AA *USRSPC EDI4XXDTA MSGS TrustedLink
    O0000AC6AA *USRSPC EDI4XXDTA MSGS TrustedLink
    O0000AC7AA *USRSPC EDI4XXDTA MSGS TrustedLink
    O0000AC8AA *USRSPC EDI4XXDTA MSGS TrustedLink

Is there a way to see what is touching these files, (already excluded the backup) or does someone know if any of these can be purged safely?

They usually follow the naming standard of a0* b0* c0*. We have ~100k H0* usrspc files.

i'd contact Inovis right away.
    Hunting down the future ms. Ex DeadManWalks. *certain restrictions apply

Comment

We don't have support at the moment, so i'm kinda just trying to find someone who may of possibly tackled this problem before.

Comment

I would expect that user spaces created five days ago are long since ready to be purged. How often do you run the purge process? I don't have the product available, so I can only add comments from limited memories.
        Tom

There are only two hard things in Computer Science: cache invalidation, naming things and off-by-one errors.

Why is it that all of the instruments seeking intelligent life in the universe are pointed away from Earth?

Comment

Honestly Tom, unless it's on a scheduled job we don't. I inherited this machine with 0 prior knowledge of as400/os400.

If you could elaborate on that I'd greatly appreciate it, or even point me in the direction I need.

Comment

Make sure you backup before you delete, the license keys are stored in userspaces as well. Not just in one, but in several.
            I would suggest a move to another library of a selected range... and only then after a while delete these in the new library.

Regards

Kit

DeskfIT - ChangefIT - XrefIT
            Last edited by kitvb1; August 26, 2016, 12:29 AM.
            Regards

Kit
            http://www.ecofitonline.com
            DeskfIT - ChangefIT - XrefIT

Comment

I can't add much. I don't have enough background in the product, so I only recall basic concepts. Do you have any product documentation?

I'd certainly follow Kit's advice.
              Tom

There are only two hard things in Computer Science: cache invalidation, naming things and off-by-one errors.

Why is it that all of the instruments seeking intelligent life in the universe are pointed away from Earth?

Comment

Working...
              X