Hovering in RDi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hovering in RDi

I was of the impression that in RDi, when debugging and RPGLE program you are supposed to be able to "hover" over a field name with the mouse pointer and see what the value is. If so, this does not seem to work for me most of the time. Maybe I am wrong about this.

Yes, it's supposed to. A lot of the time, it doesn't work for me either.

Comment

I have had mixed results also. Seems to be worse when I am working remotely, possibly a connection speed issue.

Comment

Mixed results for me too.

I have taken to right-clicking on fields of interest and selecting "monitor expression". Then it appears in the Monitors tab, and you can see it's current value at all times as you step through the code.
        Monitors should be in the top right pane if you are using the default debug perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by Vectorspace View Post
          Mixed results for me too.

I have taken to right-clicking on fields of interest and selecting "monitor expression". Then it appears in the Monitors tab, and you can see it's current value at all times as you step through the code.
          Monitors should be in the top right pane if you are using the default debug perspective.
          Monitors are a good plan B, but mouse-over is much better when it works.

Comment

hmmmm... is this feature not reliant on the view that you are using, i.e. source, list, etc
            Regards

Kit
            http://www.ecofitonline.com
            DeskfIT - ChangefIT - XrefIT

Comment

Working...
            X