RDI Report Designer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RDI Report Designer

I have started using RDI's report designer. I was having trouble creating a new printer file and record formats. I found it easier to copy and old PRTF to a new new one and then go in and modify it. I am trying to figure out how to make RDI report designer to display additional formats on the design screen along with the one being modified, kind like you can do with green screen SDA. I need to add some fields to the DETAIL record format but I need to be able to see the HEADER format where the column headings are so I can line everything up. It would be nice to be able to modify them both but that may be asking to much.

Thanks again

Yeah...I wanted to try the report designer tool but couldn't find out how to activate it. Unfortunately, my installed version of RDI 9.1 has no help available...have tried updating it to no avail. How do you access the report designer?

Comment

Originally posted by Terry Wincheste View Post
      Yeah...I wanted to try the report designer tool but couldn't find out how to activate it. Unfortunately, my installed version of RDI 9.1 has no help available...have tried updating it to no avail. How do you access the report designer?
      Well, I found it easier to take a PRTF that already exists and copy it to a new one, giving it a different name. Then, when you double click on it in RSE, it will automatically open the report design perspective. You can then delete the fields you don't want and add new ones. As i mentioned above, I haven't been able to fgire out how to view more than 1 format at the same time like in SDA

Comment

In the design view, when you are editing the layout, the "Design records" radio button is activated. Underneath that is the "Design reports" radio button. Click it, add a name for your report, slect your layouts, and any other stuff you want, indicators etc....

Regards

Kit
        www.ecofitonline.com
        DeskfIT - ChangefIT - XrefIT
        Regards

Kit
        http://www.ecofitonline.com

Comment

Once I figured out how to change source fles (lol) the double-click method worked...Thanks. Maybe RDi is useful after all

Comment

Thanks again...this worked like a champ. Discovered some fixed text that was being overlayed as soon as the layout was shown I will use this tool for non-AFPDS print files from now on...

Comment

btw... DSPF testing works the same way, eg, when testing a subfile.

Regards

Kit
              www.ecofitonline.com
              Regards

Kit
              http://www.ecofitonline.com

Comment

Working...
              X