Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Required resources for running RDI

Hello.

The admin at my new shop has the 400 locked down to such a degree that RSE communications fail in RDi. As a result I cannot use RDi. I am forced to use CODE/400 and it's driving me insane.

He is very reluctant to open anything up. We started a few but it still wouldn't work.

What SPECIFICALLY needs to be running on the 400 in order for me to work with RPG members in the editor?

Thanks in advance,

Mike

Can they not provide VPN access so that trusted people can access what they need to? That is pretty much a standard practice that everyone does.

Comment

• mlopez01
      mlopez01 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi, Scott. Thanks for the reply, I just received the ability from Code/400 to respond to posts.

It's not a matter of a VPN; I'm local to the network. He is reluctant to start servers for security reasons, that is he doesn't know what can be exposed. So he keeps things off.

The failure that I get when I verify the connection is "Connection to Record Access service . . . . . . .failed". I've googled this and can't find a specific answer.

In RDi, have you tried a "Verify Connection...", which is on the popup menu for Objects under your system on the Remote Systems view?

Comment

• mlopez01
      mlopez01 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi, J. Thanks for replying. I just received the ability from Code/400 to respond to posts.

The error that I get is: "Connection to Record Access service . . . . . . .failed". I've googled this but can't find a specific answer.

Do you know which server or what resource this refers to?

I'm sorry, I don't know what service that refers to. Have you tried the RDi help?

Comment

• mlopez01
      mlopez01 commented
      Editing a comment
      No, I didn't realize there was a forum devoted to it. I'll try over there.

Thanks again for your help.
Working...
X