Overriding compile library list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overriding compile library list

Most of the time I compile programs in RDI with the same library list. Occasionally, though, I want to compile the same program using a different library list. Usually, this is so I can compare/ debug bothe production and development versions of the same program. Is there a way to temporarily override the library list. Usually, I end up going outside RDI and compiling in PDM but I would rather do it in RDI

In Remote Systems, under Your System / Objects / Library List you can right-click on Library List to add library list entries, or right-click on one of the libraries to remove them, etc. Use this to set your library list, do the compile, then change it back.

Comment

Scott is exactly right. However, it is a lot of pointing, clicking, typing and selecting.

You can also run ADDLIBLE, RMVLIBLE, and CHGLIBL from the RDi command line. I wrote two other commands--LLF and LLL--that let me change the library list from the RDi command line. (My commands also work from the green-screen command line.)

Running commands from the RDi command line can make it much quicker for you to set and reset the library list because you can use the up-arrow and down-arrow keys to retrieve previously executed commands.

Comment

Thanks for everyone's help on this

Comment

Originally posted by TedHolt View Post
          Running commands from the RDi command line can make it much quicker for you to set and reset the library list because you can use the up-arrow and down-arrow keys to retrieve previously executed commands.
          http://www.itjungle.com/fhg/fhg050316-printer02.html
          This gives me an idea. I wonder if there is a way to created a command using RDi that uses substitution variables. To be specific, I would like to be able to execute a command in Rdi that copies selected (in RDi) source members to the IFS, perhaps prompting for the IFS folder. Is this beyond the capability of RDi?

Comment

Originally posted by gregwga50 View Post
            I wonder if there is a way to created a command using RDi that uses substitution variables.
            Yes, RDi user actions can use substitution variables the same way that PDM can. I don't know if the two environments support exactly the same substitution variables or not, but so far I've used the PDM substitution variables in RDi and it's never failed yet.

Comment

You could create a new connection which will utilize your required libraries as it's library list.
              Regards

Kit
              http://www.ecofitonline.com
              DeskfIT - ChangefIT - XrefIT

Comment

Originally posted by TedHolt View Post

Yes, RDi user actions can use substitution variables the same way that PDM can. I don't know if the two environments support exactly the same substitution variables or not, but so far I've used the PDM substitution variables in RDi and it's never failed yet.
                This worked great, I created a "user action" to copy source code to the IFS. I just click on the "user action" and it prompts me for the IFS folder I want to but the source code in and then does the CPYTOIMPF. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Working...
                X