RDI won't load anymore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RDI won't load anymore

I have been using RDI for a while now. We are on V9.5. Today I did a save perspective, giving it a new name. Now RDI will not load. It displays the splash screen briefly and then it disappears, The icon briefly appears in the task bar and then goes away. I have Windows 7. Any ideas how I can recover. I have tried rebooting and restarting my computer

I've never seen your problem, but I guess it can't hurt to run a clean.
    "<RDI path here>\eclipse.exe" -product com.ibm.rational.developer.ibmi.product.ide -clean

Comment

Originally posted by jtaylor___ View Post
      I've never seen your problem, but I guess it can't hurt to run a clean.
      "<RDI path here>\eclipse.exe" -product com.ibm.rational.developer.ibmi.product.ide -clean
      Is this something that I can run from the DOS prompt?

Comment

You can, but I just have a alternate shortcut to run a clean. You could probably just copy your existing shortcut and add -clean at the end of the target.

Comment

That clean step may do a similar function but whenever I have had issues with RDI, I backup my workspace. Then under it there is RemoteSystemsTempFiles/SystemName. I delete everything under it.

You can also try backing up your work space and then deleting the workspace and let RDI create a new one, you will lose all your settings so it is not ideal.

Comment

Originally posted by jj_dahlheimer View Post
            That clean step may do a similar function but whenever I have had issues with RDI, I backup my workspace. Then under it there is RemoteSystemsTempFiles/SystemName. I delete everything under it.

You can also try backing up your work space and then deleting the workspace and let RDI create a new one, you will lose all your settings so it is not ideal.
            I tried running eclipse with the -clean option but that didn't fix it. It turned out the workspace got corrupted. The administrator re-installed RDI and created a new workspace and that fixed it. As JJ mentioned, I lost all my settings, lesson learned. I will start backing it up.

Comment

You could try opening the old work space just to see if it comes back to life after the re install of RDI, mostly likely it won't but worth a shot. As soon as I get all my settings configured after an install, I make a backup of my work space just so I have something to go back to in case this happens. Seems to happen once every couple of years but it sucks when it does as having to find all the little things I have configured takes a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by jj_dahlheimer View Post
                You could try opening the old work space just to see if it comes back to life after the re install of RDI, mostly likely it won't but worth a shot. As soon as I get all my settings configured after an install, I make a backup of my work space just so I have something to go back to in case this happens. Seems to happen once every couple of years but it sucks when it does as having to find all the little things I have configured takes a long time.
                I tried opening up the old workspace, it's still a no-go. New one works, though. I'm not sure having a back up of the workspace would have helped. I couldn't get RDI to reach the point of asking for a workspace, it would just throw up the splash screen and them end. I suppose if I had a back up, I could have deleted the corrupted one and copied the back up into the same spot

Comment

Working...
                X